Best time to go to Gampola Average weather of Gampola, Sri Lanka
Discover the very best time to go to Gampola in Sri Lanka from seasonal averages below.
When is the best time to go to Gampola?
When is the best time to go to Gampola? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Gampola are January, February, March, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- The rainiest months are October and November
Annual weather in Gampola
For full information about the climate and weather in Gampola a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||74°F/85°F||good weather||Gampola in january|
|February||76°F/88°F||good weather||Gampola in february|
|March||79°F/90°F||good weather||Gampola in march|
|April||79°F/90°F||tolerable weather||Gampola in april|
|May||79°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Gampola in may|
|June||77°F/86°F||good weather||Gampola in june|
|July||77°F/85°F||good weather||Gampola in july|
|August||77°F/86°F||good weather||Gampola in august|
|September||77°F/86°F||good weather||Gampola in september|
|October||77°F/86°F||very bad weather||Gampola in october|
|November||76°F/85°F||bad weather||Gampola in november|
|December||76°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Gampola in december|
Weather and climate in Gampola
- From january to march the climate is beautiful. It is for example 90°F as maximum temperature in march and, in march, 10 days of rain are expected.
- From april to september the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 94°F and it rains about 9.2in each month.
- In the month of october the climate is unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 85°F in average and it rains about 63% of the time in october.
- In november the climate is the worst possible. In average, on the morning it is 77°F and it rains about 18.1in each month.
- In the month of december the climate is just OK. The temperature rises to 83°F and it rains about 47% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Gampola
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Gampola: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Gampola
Find out when Gampola has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Gampola
- Very low season in Gampola
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, October and November.
- Low season in Gampola
The months with low numbers of tourists are: February, March, April and July.
- High season in Gampola
The number of visitors to Gampola is high in: January, September and December.
- Peak season in Gampola
The largest number of tourists visiting Gampola is during: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Gampola month by month
Best time for low prices in Gampola
Average prices of hotels in Gampola month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Gampola. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, December is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.