When is the best time to go to San Jose?
When is the best time to go to San Jose? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in San Jose are January, February and March
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, August and September
- The rainiest months are June, September and October
For full information about the climate and weather in San Jose a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||14°C/26°C||74mm||good weather||San Jose in january|
|February||15°C/27°C||79mm||good weather||San Jose in february|
|March||15°C/28°C||87mm||good weather||San Jose in march|
|April||17°C/28°C||218mm||tolerable weather||San Jose in april|
|May||19°C/26°C||674mm||very bad weather||San Jose in may|
|June||18°C/25°C||899mm||very bad weather||San Jose in june|
|July||17°C/25°C||770mm||very bad weather||San Jose in july|
|August||17°C/26°C||742mm||very bad weather||San Jose in august|
|September||17°C/26°C||806mm||very bad weather||San Jose in september|
|October||17°C/25°C||982mm||very bad weather||San Jose in october|
|November||16°C/24°C||432mm||tolerable weather||San Jose in november|
|December||15°C/25°C||160mm||tolerable weather||San Jose in december|
Weather and climate in San Jose
- Between january and march the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 15°C and it rains in march about 87mm.
- In the month of april the climate is correct. By early evening, the temperature averages 22°C and it rains about 218mm each month.
- Between may and october the climate is the worst possible. At lunchtime, it's 25°C in average and, in october, 30 days of rain are expected.
- In november the climate is bad. It is for example 24°C as maximum temperature in november and it rains about 83% of the time in november.
- In the month of december the climate is correct. It is for example 25°C as maximum temperature in december and it rains about 160mm each month.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in San Jose
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of San Jose: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Costa Rica
San Jose appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Costa Rica appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.