Best time to go to San Jose Average weather of San Jose, Costa Rica
Find the very best time to visit San Jose in Costa Rica from average climate conditions, right here.
When is the best time to go to San Jose?
When is the best time to go to San Jose? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in San Jose are January, February, March, April and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May and August
- The rainiest months are May, June, August, September and October
Annual weather in San Jose
For full information about the climate and weather in San Jose a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||58°F/77°F||perfect weather||San Jose in january|
|February||59°F/79°F||perfect weather||San Jose in february|
|March||59°F/81°F||perfect weather||San Jose in march|
|April||63°F/81°F||good weather||San Jose in april|
|May||65°F/79°F||very bad weather||San Jose in may|
|June||65°F/77°F||very bad weather||San Jose in june|
|July||61°F/76°F||very bad weather||San Jose in july|
|August||61°F/77°F||very bad weather||San Jose in august|
|September||63°F/77°F||very bad weather||San Jose in september|
|October||63°F/76°F||very bad weather||San Jose in october|
|November||61°F/76°F||tolerable weather||San Jose in november|
|December||59°F/76°F||good weather||San Jose in december|
Weather and climate in San Jose
- Between january and march the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 59°F and it rains in march about 3in.
- In the month of april the climate is correct. By early evening, the temperature averages 70°F and it rains about 9.3in each month.
- Between may and october the climate is the worst possible. At lunchtime, it's 76°F in average and, in october, 28 days of rain are expected.
- In november the climate is bad. It is for example 76°F as maximum temperature in november and it rains about 62% of the time in november.
- In the month of december the climate is correct. It is for example 76°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains about 6.8in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in San Jose
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of San Jose: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in San Jose
Find out when San Jose has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in San Jose
- Very low season in San Jose
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, September and October.
- Low season in San Jose
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, July and August.
- High season in San Jose
The number of visitors to San Jose is high in: January, February, March and November.
- Peek season in San Jose
The largest number of tourists visiting San Jose is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for San Jose month by month
Best time for low prices in San Jose
Average prices of hotels in San Jose month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in San Jose. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to San Jose
A return flight between London and San Jose is generally cheaper if you go in september ($ 643 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 182 more for your airline ticket to San Jose if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in San Jose
On average, it costs $ 20 per day to hire a car in San Jose. This price varies by $ 15 depending on the month. In june, hiring a car costs an average of $ 12 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in march is $ 27.