Best time to go to Alajuela Average weather of Alajuela, Costa Rica
Find the most favorable time to visit Alajuela in Costa Rica from average climate conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Alajuela?
When is the best time to go to Alajuela? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Alajuela are January, February, March, April and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April and May
- The rainiest months are June, September and October
Annual weather in Alajuela
For full information about the climate and weather in Alajuela a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||59°F/81°F||perfect weather||Alajuela in january|
|February||59°F/83°F||perfect weather||Alajuela in february|
|March||61°F/85°F||perfect weather||Alajuela in march|
|April||65°F/85°F||good weather||Alajuela in april|
|May||67°F/81°F||very bad weather||Alajuela in may|
|June||67°F/79°F||very bad weather||Alajuela in june|
|July||65°F/79°F||very bad weather||Alajuela in july|
|August||65°F/79°F||very bad weather||Alajuela in august|
|September||65°F/79°F||very bad weather||Alajuela in september|
|October||65°F/77°F||very bad weather||Alajuela in october|
|November||63°F/77°F||bad weather||Alajuela in november|
|December||59°F/79°F||good weather||Alajuela in december|
Weather and climate in Alajuela
- Between the months of january and march the climate is favorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 70°F and it rains about 12% of the time in march.
- In the month of april the climate is just OK. It is for example 85°F as maximum temperature in april and it rains about 9in each month.
- Between the months of may and october the climate is the worst possible. At lunchtime, it's 77°F in average and it rains about 91% of the time in october.
- In the month of november the climate is bad. the thermometer goes up to 77°F°C and it rains about 69% of the time in november.
- In december the climate is passable, but still OK. It is for example 79°F as maximum temperature in december and you can expect to have 6.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Alajuela
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Alajuela: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Alajuela
Find out when Alajuela has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Alajuela
- Very low season in Alajuela
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, September and October.
- Low season in Alajuela
The months with low numbers of tourists are: July and November.
- High season in Alajuela
The number of visitors to Alajuela is high in: April and August.
- Peek season in Alajuela
The largest number of tourists visiting Alajuela is during: January, February, March and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Alajuela month by month
Best time for low prices in Alajuela
Average prices of hotels in Alajuela month by month
Generally, September is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Alajuela. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.