When is the best time to go to Alajuela?
When is the best time to go to Alajuela? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Alajuela are January, February and March
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May and August
- The rainiest months are June, September and October
For full information about the climate and weather in Alajuela a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||16°C/27°C||58mm||good weather||Alajuela in january|
|February||16°C/29°C||64mm||good weather||Alajuela in february|
|March||16°C/30°C||73mm||good weather||Alajuela in march|
|April||18°C/30°C||190mm||tolerable weather||Alajuela in april|
|May||20°C/28°C||602mm||very bad weather||Alajuela in may|
|June||19°C/27°C||807mm||very bad weather||Alajuela in june|
|July||18°C/27°C||680mm||very bad weather||Alajuela in july|
|August||18°C/27°C||659mm||very bad weather||Alajuela in august|
|September||19°C/27°C||720mm||very bad weather||Alajuela in september|
|October||18°C/26°C||865mm||very bad weather||Alajuela in october|
|November||17°C/26°C||372mm||tolerable weather||Alajuela in november|
|December||16°C/26°C||130mm||tolerable weather||Alajuela in december|
Weather and climate in Alajuela
- Between the months of january and march the climate is favorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 23°C and it rains about 34% of the time in march.
- In the month of april the climate is just OK. It is for example 30°C as maximum temperature in april and it rains about 190mm each month.
- Between the months of may and october the climate is the worst possible. At lunchtime, it's 26°C in average and it rains about 97% of the time in october.
- In the month of november the climate is bad. the thermometer goes up to 26°C°C and it rains about 83% of the time in november.
- In december the climate is passable, but still OK. It is for example 26°C as maximum temperature in december and you can expect to have 130mm of rainfall/month during this period.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Alajuela
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Alajuela: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Costa Rica
Alajuela appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Costa Rica appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.