Best time to go to Alajuela Average weather of Alajuela, Costa Rica
Find the most favorable time to visit Alajuela in Costa Rica from average climate conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Alajuela?
When is the best time to go to Alajuela? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Alajuela are January, February, March and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April and May
- The rainiest months are May, June, September and October
For full information about the climate and weather in Alajuela a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|perfect weather||Alajuela in january|
|perfect weather||Alajuela in february|
|perfect weather||Alajuela in march|
|tolerable weather||Alajuela in april|
|tolerable weather||Alajuela in may|
|tolerable weather||Alajuela in june|
|tolerable weather||Alajuela in july|
|tolerable weather||Alajuela in august|
|tolerable weather||Alajuela in september|
|tolerable weather||Alajuela in october|
|tolerable weather||Alajuela in november|
|good weather||Alajuela in december|
Weather and climate in Alajuela
- Between the months of january and march the climate is favorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 70°F and it rains about 23% of the time in march.
- In the month of april the climate is just OK. It is for example 85°F as maximum temperature in april and it rains about 3.8in each month.
- Between the months of may and october the climate is the worst possible. At lunchtime, it's 76°F in average and it rains about 94% of the time in october.
- In the month of november the climate is bad. the thermometer goes up to 77°F°C and it rains about 80% of the time in november.
- In december the climate is passable, but still OK. It is for example 77°F as maximum temperature in december and you can expect to have 2.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Alajuela
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Alajuela: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Costa Rica
Alajuela appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Costa Rica appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.