When is the best time to go to Atenas?
When is the best time to go to Atenas? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Atenas are January, February, March and April
- On average, the warmest months are February, March, April, May and August
- The rainiest months are June, July, September and October
For full information about the climate and weather in Atenas a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||18°C/27°C||56mm||good weather||Atenas in january|
|February||18°C/29°C||58mm||good weather||Atenas in february|
|March||19°C/30°C||64mm||good weather||Atenas in march|
|April||20°C/31°C||193mm||good weather||Atenas in april|
|May||21°C/28°C||621mm||very bad weather||Atenas in may|
|June||21°C/27°C||805mm||very bad weather||Atenas in june|
|July||20°C/27°C||680mm||very bad weather||Atenas in july|
|August||20°C/28°C||625mm||very bad weather||Atenas in august|
|September||20°C/27°C||720mm||very bad weather||Atenas in september|
|October||20°C/27°C||798mm||very bad weather||Atenas in october|
|November||19°C/26°C||352mm||tolerable weather||Atenas in november|
|December||18°C/27°C||120mm||tolerable weather||Atenas in december|
Weather and climate in Atenas
- Between january and april the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 24°C and it rains about 61% of the time in april.
- Between may and october the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 31°C.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is correct. In average, on the morning it is 18°C and, in december, 18 days of rain are expected.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Atenas
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Atenas: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Costa Rica
Atenas appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Costa Rica appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.