Best time to go to Atenas Average weather of Atenas, Costa Rica
Discover the very best time to visit Atenas in Costa Rica from seasonal averages below.
When is the best time to go to Atenas?
When is the best time to go to Atenas? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Atenas are January, February, March, April and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May and August
- The rainiest months are May, June, July, September and October
For full information about the climate and weather in Atenas a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|good weather||Atenas in january|
|good weather||Atenas in february|
|good weather||Atenas in march|
|good weather||Atenas in april|
|tolerable weather||Atenas in may|
|very bad weather||Atenas in june|
|tolerable weather||Atenas in july|
|tolerable weather||Atenas in august|
|tolerable weather||Atenas in september|
|very bad weather||Atenas in october|
|tolerable weather||Atenas in november|
|good weather||Atenas in december|
Weather and climate in Atenas
- Between january and april the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 74°F and it rains about 52% of the time in april.
- Between may and october the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 88°F.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is correct. In average, on the morning it is 65°F and, in december, 13 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Atenas
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Atenas: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Costa Rica
Atenas appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Costa Rica appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.