Best time to go to Tortuguero Average weather of Tortuguero, Costa Rica
Get the very best time to visit Tortuguero in Costa Rica from seasonal norms, below.
When is the best time to go to Tortuguero?
When is the best time to go to Tortuguero? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Tortuguero are April and September
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are July, November and December
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Tortuguero
For full information about the climate and weather in Tortuguero a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||74°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Tortuguero in january|
|February||74°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Tortuguero in february|
|March||74°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Tortuguero in march|
|April||77°F/86°F||good weather||Tortuguero in april|
|May||79°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Tortuguero in may|
|June||79°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Tortuguero in june|
|July||77°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Tortuguero in july|
|August||77°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Tortuguero in august|
|September||77°F/88°F||good weather||Tortuguero in september|
|October||77°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Tortuguero in october|
|November||76°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Tortuguero in november|
|December||74°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Tortuguero in december|
Weather and climate in Tortuguero
- From january to march the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 85°F.
- In the month of april the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 90°F and, in april, 8 days of rain are expected.
- Between may and december the climate is correct. By early evening, the temperature averages 77°F and you can expect to have 16.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Tortuguero
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Tortuguero: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Best time for low prices in Tortuguero
Average price of hiring a car in Tortuguero
On average, it costs $ 29 per day to hire a car in Tortuguero. This price varies by $ 11 depending on the month. In october, hiring a car costs an average of $ 22 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in march is $ 33.