Best time to go to Tortuguero Average weather of Tortuguero, Costa Rica
Get the very best time to visit Tortuguero in Costa Rica from seasonal norms, below.
When is the best time to go to Tortuguero?
When is the best time to go to Tortuguero? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Tortuguero are April and September
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are July, November and December
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Tortuguero
For full information about the climate and weather in Tortuguero a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Tortuguero in january
|Tortuguero in february
|Tortuguero in march
|Tortuguero in april
|Tortuguero in may
|Tortuguero in june
|Tortuguero in july
|Tortuguero in august
|Tortuguero in september
|Tortuguero in october
|Tortuguero in november
|Tortuguero in december
Weather and climate in Tortuguero
- From january to march the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 85°F.
- In the month of april the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 90°F and, in april, 8 days of rain are expected.
- Between may and december the climate is correct. By early evening, the temperature averages 77°F and you can expect to have 16.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Tortuguero
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Tortuguero: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Tortuguero
Find out when Tortuguero has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Tortuguero
- Very low season in Tortuguero
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: March, May, June and October.
- Low season in Tortuguero
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, April, September and November.
- High season in Tortuguero
The number of visitors to Tortuguero is high in: July and August.
- Peak season in Tortuguero
The largest number of tourists visiting Tortuguero is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Tortuguero month by month
Best time for low prices in Tortuguero
Average prices of hotels in Tortuguero month by month
Generally, January is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Tortuguero. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Tortuguero
On average, it costs $ 118 per day to hire a car in Tortuguero. This price varies by $ 43 depending on the month. In october, hiring a car costs an average of $ 97 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in march is $ 139.