Best time to go to Heredia Average weather of Heredia, Costa Rica
Discover the very best time to visit Heredia in Costa Rica from seasonal norms, right here.
When is the best time to go to Heredia?
When is the best time to go to Heredia? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Heredia are January, February, March, April and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May and August
- The rainiest months are May, June, August, September and October
Annual weather in Heredia
For full information about the climate and weather in Heredia a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||58°F/77°F||perfect weather||Heredia in january|
|February||59°F/79°F||perfect weather||Heredia in february|
|March||59°F/81°F||perfect weather||Heredia in march|
|April||63°F/81°F||good weather||Heredia in april|
|May||65°F/79°F||very bad weather||Heredia in may|
|June||65°F/77°F||very bad weather||Heredia in june|
|July||61°F/76°F||very bad weather||Heredia in july|
|August||61°F/77°F||very bad weather||Heredia in august|
|September||63°F/77°F||very bad weather||Heredia in september|
|October||63°F/76°F||very bad weather||Heredia in october|
|November||61°F/76°F||tolerable weather||Heredia in november|
|December||59°F/76°F||good weather||Heredia in december|
Weather and climate in Heredia
- From january to march the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 81°F°C and it rains about 12% of the time in march.
- In the month of april the climate is just OK. The temperature rises to 81°F and it rains about 9.3in each month.
- Between may and october the climate is very unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is 63°F and it rains about 38.9in each month.
- In november the climate is unfavorable. It is for example 76°F as maximum temperature in november and you can expect to have 18.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In december the climate is not good, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 76°F in average and, in december, 8 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Heredia
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Heredia: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Heredia
Find out when Heredia has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Heredia
- Very low season in Heredia
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, July, August, September and October.
- Low season in Heredia
The months with low numbers of tourists are: November.
- High season in Heredia
The number of visitors to Heredia is high in: March, April and December.
- Peek season in Heredia
The largest number of tourists visiting Heredia is during: January and February.
Figure: Visitor index for Heredia month by month
Best time for low prices in Heredia
Average prices of hotels in Heredia month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Heredia. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.