Best time to go to Puntarenas Average weather of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Discover the very best time to visit Puntarenas in Costa Rica from average climate conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Puntarenas?
When is the best time to go to Puntarenas? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Puntarenas are January, February, March, April and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May and December
- Puntarenas has dry periods in January, February and March
- October is the rainiest month
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Puntarenas a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|perfect weather||Puntarenas in january|
|perfect weather||Puntarenas in february|
|good weather||Puntarenas in march|
|good weather||Puntarenas in april|
|tolerable weather||Puntarenas in may|
|tolerable weather||Puntarenas in june|
|tolerable weather||Puntarenas in july|
|tolerable weather||Puntarenas in august|
|tolerable weather||Puntarenas in september|
|tolerable weather||Puntarenas in october|
|tolerable weather||Puntarenas in november|
|perfect weather||Puntarenas in december|
Weather and climate in Puntarenas
- Between january and march the climate is beautiful. By early evening, the temperature averages 83°F and it rains about 0.2in each month.
- From april to may the climate is correct. It is for example 88°F as maximum temperature in may and it rains about 7in each month.
- Between june and october the climate is very unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 85°F in average and it rains about 12.5in each month.
- Between november and december the climate is good. The temperature rises to 86°F and you can expect to have 0.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Puntarenas
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Puntarenas: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Costa Rica
Puntarenas appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Costa Rica appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.