Best time to go to Puntarenas Average weather of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Discover the very best time to visit Puntarenas in Costa Rica from average climate conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Puntarenas?
When is the best time to go to Puntarenas? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Puntarenas are January, February, March, April and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May and December
- January is the driest month
- October is the rainiest month
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Puntarenas
For full information about the climate and weather in Puntarenas a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||76°F/90°F||perfect weather||Puntarenas in january|
|February||76°F/94°F||good weather||Puntarenas in february|
|March||76°F/94°F||good weather||Puntarenas in march|
|April||79°F/94°F||good weather||Puntarenas in april|
|May||79°F/90°F||tolerable weather||Puntarenas in may|
|June||79°F/88°F||bad weather||Puntarenas in june|
|July||77°F/88°F||bad weather||Puntarenas in july|
|August||77°F/88°F||bad weather||Puntarenas in august|
|September||77°F/88°F||very bad weather||Puntarenas in september|
|October||77°F/86°F||very bad weather||Puntarenas in october|
|November||76°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Puntarenas in november|
|December||76°F/88°F||perfect weather||Puntarenas in december|
Weather and climate in Puntarenas
- Between january and march the climate is beautiful. By early evening, the temperature averages 85°F and it rains about 0.7in each month.
- From april to may the climate is correct. It is for example 90°F as maximum temperature in may and it rains about 15.7in each month.
- Between june and october the climate is very unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 86°F in average and it rains about 25.9in each month.
- Between november and december the climate is good. The temperature rises to 88°F and you can expect to have 2.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Puntarenas
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Puntarenas: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Puntarenas
Find out when Puntarenas has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Puntarenas
- Very low season in Puntarenas
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: June, September and October.
- Low season in Puntarenas
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, July, August and November.
- Peek season in Puntarenas
The largest number of tourists visiting Puntarenas is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Puntarenas month by month
Best time for low prices in Puntarenas
Average prices of hotels in Puntarenas month by month
Generally, June is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Puntarenas. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, December is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.