When is the best time to go to Puntarenas?
When is the best time to go to Puntarenas? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Puntarenas are January, February, March and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September and December
- January is the driest month
- The rainiest months are June, July, September and October
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Puntarenas a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||26°C/34°C||8mm||good weather||Puntarenas in january|
|February||25°C/35°C||19mm||good weather||Puntarenas in february|
|March||23°C/36°C||25mm||good weather||Puntarenas in march|
|April||25°C/36°C||96mm||tolerable weather||Puntarenas in april|
|May||26°C/34°C||294mm||tolerable weather||Puntarenas in may|
|June||25°C/33°C||413mm||tolerable weather||Puntarenas in june|
|July||24°C/33°C||396mm||tolerable weather||Puntarenas in july|
|August||24°C/33°C||357mm||tolerable weather||Puntarenas in august|
|September||24°C/32°C||384mm||tolerable weather||Puntarenas in september|
|October||23°C/32°C||453mm||tolerable weather||Puntarenas in october|
|November||22°C/32°C||182mm||tolerable weather||Puntarenas in november|
|December||22°C/33°C||36mm||good weather||Puntarenas in december|
Weather and climate in Puntarenas
- Between january and march the climate is beautiful. By early evening, the temperature averages 30°C and it rains about 25mm each month.
- From april to may the climate is correct. It is for example 34°C as maximum temperature in may and it rains about 294mm each month.
- Between june and october the climate is very unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 32°C in average and it rains about 453mm each month.
- Between november and december the climate is good. The temperature rises to 33°C and you can expect to have 36mm of rainfall/month during this period.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Puntarenas
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Puntarenas: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Costa Rica
Puntarenas appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Costa Rica appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.