Best time to go to Montego Bay Average weather of Montego Bay, Jamaica
Get the perfect time to go to Montego Bay in Jamaica from average climate conditions below.
When is the best time to go to Montego Bay?
When is the best time to go to Montego Bay? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Montego Bay are January, February, March, April, July, November and December
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are May, August, September and October
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Montego Bay
For full information about the climate and weather in Montego Bay a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||77°F/81°F||perfect weather||Montego Bay in january|
|February||76°F/83°F||perfect weather||Montego Bay in february|
|March||77°F/83°F||perfect weather||Montego Bay in march|
|April||79°F/83°F||good weather||Montego Bay in april|
|May||81°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Montego Bay in may|
|June||81°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Montego Bay in june|
|July||81°F/86°F||good weather||Montego Bay in july|
|August||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Montego Bay in august|
|September||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Montego Bay in september|
|October||81°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Montego Bay in october|
|November||79°F/85°F||good weather||Montego Bay in november|
|December||79°F/83°F||perfect weather||Montego Bay in december|
Weather and climate in Montego Bay
- Between the months of january and may the climate is beautiful. At lunchtime, it's 85°F in average and you can expect to have 9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between june and august the climate is passable, but still OK. It is for example 86°F as maximum temperature in august and it rains in august about 7.7in.
- In september the climate is unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is 83°F and you can expect to have 7.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of october the climate is just OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 83°F and, in october, 12 days of rain are expected.
- From november to december the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 88°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Montego Bay
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Montego Bay: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Montego Bay
Find out when Montego Bay has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Montego Bay
- Very low season in Montego Bay
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, September and October.
- Low season in Montego Bay
The months with low numbers of tourists are: February, March, April, July and November.
- High season in Montego Bay
The number of visitors to Montego Bay is high in: January and August.
- Peek season in Montego Bay
The largest number of tourists visiting Montego Bay is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Montego Bay month by month
Best time for low prices in Montego Bay
Average prices of hotels in Montego Bay month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Montego Bay. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Montego Bay
A return flight between London and Montego Bay is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 769 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 311 more for your airline ticket to Montego Bay if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in Montego Bay
On average, it costs $ 24 per day to hire a car in Montego Bay. This price varies by $ 6 depending on the month. In november, hiring a car costs an average of $ 21 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 27.