Best time to go to Kingston Average weather of Kingston, Jamaica
Discover the most favorable time to visit Kingston in Jamaica from average weather conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Kingston?
When is the best time to go to Kingston? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Kingston are January and February
- On average, the warmest months are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- The rainiest months are May, September and October
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Kingston
For full information about the climate and weather in Kingston a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||74°F/81°F||good weather||Kingston in january|
|February||74°F/81°F||good weather||Kingston in february|
|March||76°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Kingston in march|
|April||77°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Kingston in april|
|May||79°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Kingston in may|
|June||81°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Kingston in june|
|July||81°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Kingston in july|
|August||81°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Kingston in august|
|September||81°F/90°F||tolerable weather||Kingston in september|
|October||79°F/86°F||bad weather||Kingston in october|
|November||77°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Kingston in november|
|December||76°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Kingston in december|
Weather and climate in Kingston
- Between the months of january and may the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 79°F.
- In june the climate is passable, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 94°F and you can expect to have 11.6in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In july the climate is favorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 81°F and it rains about 45% of the time in july.
- Between the months of august and october the climate is just OK. In average, on the morning it is 81°F and it rains in october about 15.2in.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 83°F°C.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Kingston
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Kingston: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Kingston
Find out when Kingston has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Kingston
- Very low season in Kingston
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, June, September and October.
- Low season in Kingston
The months with low numbers of tourists are: November.
- High season in Kingston
The number of visitors to Kingston is high in: July.
- Peak season in Kingston
The largest number of tourists visiting Kingston is during: August and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Kingston month by month
Best time for low prices in Kingston
Average prices of hotels in Kingston month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Kingston. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, April is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Kingston
A return flight between London and Kingston is generally cheaper if you go in may ($ 807 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 446 more for your airline ticket to Kingston if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in Kingston
On average, it costs $ 23 per day to hire a car in Kingston. This price varies by $ 1.1 depending on the month. In february, hiring a car costs an average of $ 22 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in april is $ 23.