Best time to go to Negril Average weather of Negril, Jamaica
Discover the best time to visit Negril in Jamaica from seasonal norms right here.
When is the best time to go to Negril?
When is the best time to go to Negril? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Negril are January, February, March, April, November and December
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are May, August, September and October
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Negril
For full information about the climate and weather in Negril a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||79°F/83°F||perfect weather||Negril in january|
|February||77°F/83°F||perfect weather||Negril in february|
|March||77°F/83°F||perfect weather||Negril in march|
|April||79°F/83°F||good weather||Negril in april|
|May||81°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Negril in may|
|June||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Negril in june|
|July||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Negril in july|
|August||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Negril in august|
|September||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Negril in september|
|October||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Negril in october|
|November||81°F/85°F||good weather||Negril in november|
|December||79°F/83°F||good weather||Negril in december|
Weather and climate in Negril
- Between the months of january and february the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 77°F and you can expect to have 2.5in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of march the climate is very good. The record temperature this month is 85°F and it rains about 2.4in each month.
- From april to may the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 88°F and it rains in may about 9.1in.
- Between june and october the climate is passable, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 86°F°C and you can expect to have 9.5in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 79°F and it rains about 17% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Negril
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Negril: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Negril
Find out when Negril has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Negril
- Very low season in Negril
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, September and October.
- Low season in Negril
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, July and November.
- High season in Negril
The number of visitors to Negril is high in: January, February and August.
- Peek season in Negril
The largest number of tourists visiting Negril is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Negril month by month
Best time for low prices in Negril
Average prices of hotels in Negril month by month
Generally, July is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Negril. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Negril
On average, it costs $ 23 per day to hire a car in Negril. This price varies by $ 2.4 depending on the month. In may, hiring a car costs an average of $ 22 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in august is $ 24.