Best time to go to Port Antonio Average weather of Port Antonio, Jamaica
Discover the best time to go to Port Antonio in Jamaica from seasonal averages right here.
When is the best time to go to Port Antonio?
When is the best time to go to Port Antonio? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is tolerable all year round in Port Antonio
- On average, the warmest months are January, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months are May, August, October and November
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Port Antonio
For full information about the climate and weather in Port Antonio a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||77°F/81°F||tolerable weather||Port Antonio in january|
|February||77°F/81°F||tolerable weather||Port Antonio in february|
|March||77°F/81°F||tolerable weather||Port Antonio in march|
|April||79°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Port Antonio in april|
|May||81°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Port Antonio in may|
|June||81°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Port Antonio in june|
|July||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Port Antonio in july|
|August||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Port Antonio in august|
|September||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Port Antonio in september|
|October||81°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Port Antonio in october|
|November||79°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Port Antonio in november|
|December||79°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Port Antonio in december|
Weather and climate in Port Antonio
- From january to february the climate is favorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 77°F and it rains about 6.1in each month.
- In march the climate is correct. It is for example 81°F as maximum temperature in march and it rains about 35% of the time in march.
- In april the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 79°F and, in april, 13 days of rain are expected.
- From may to june the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 85°F as maximum temperature in june and it rains about 47% of the time in june.
- In the month of july the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 86°F°C and you can expect to have 11.8in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between august and december the climate is just OK. The record temperature this month is 85°F and you can expect to have 9.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Port Antonio
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Port Antonio: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Port Antonio
Find out when Port Antonio has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Port Antonio
- Very low season in Port Antonio
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: February, May, June, September, October and November.
- Low season in Port Antonio
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, March, April, July and August.
- Peek season in Port Antonio
The largest number of tourists visiting Port Antonio is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Port Antonio month by month
Best time for low prices in Port Antonio
Average prices of hotels in Port Antonio month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Port Antonio. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, March is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.