Best time to go to Coromandel Average weather of Coromandel, New Zealand
Find the most favorable time to visit Coromandel in New Zealand from average climate conditions, right here.
When is the best time to go to Coromandel?
When is the best time to go to Coromandel? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Coromandel are January, February, March, April, May, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- The coldest months are July, August and September
- The rainiest months are June and August
- The best months for swimming are February and March
Annual weather in Coromandel
For full information about the climate and weather in Coromandel a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||65°F/72°F||good weather||Coromandel in january|
|February||65°F/72°F||good weather||Coromandel in february|
|March||63°F/70°F||good weather||Coromandel in march|
|April||61°F/67°F||good weather||Coromandel in april|
|May||58°F/63°F||good weather||Coromandel in may|
|June||56°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Coromandel in june|
|July||54°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Coromandel in july|
|August||54°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Coromandel in august|
|September||54°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Coromandel in september|
|October||56°F/61°F||good weather||Coromandel in october|
|November||58°F/65°F||good weather||Coromandel in november|
|December||61°F/68°F||good weather||Coromandel in december|
Weather and climate in Coromandel
- Between the months of january and march the climate is favorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 67°F and, in march, 5 days of rain are expected.
- In april the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 67°F in average.
- In the month of may the climate is beautiful. By early evening, the temperature averages 59°F and you can expect to have 6in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of june and october the climate is passable, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 68°F and it rains in october about 3.7in.
- Between november and december the climate is good. It is for example 68°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 4.8in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Coromandel
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Coromandel: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Coromandel
Find out when Coromandel has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Coromandel
- Very low season in Coromandel
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, July, August and September.
- Low season in Coromandel
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March and April.
- High season in Coromandel
The number of visitors to Coromandel is high in: January, February, October and November.
- Peek season in Coromandel
The largest number of tourists visiting Coromandel is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Coromandel month by month
Best time for low prices in Coromandel
Average prices of hotels in Coromandel month by month
Generally, September is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Coromandel. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, October is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.