Best time to go to Whangamata Average weather of Whangamata, New Zealand
Get the very best time to visit Whangamata in New Zealand from average weather conditions right here.
When is the best time to go to Whangamata?
When is the best time to go to Whangamata? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Whangamata are January, February, March, April, May, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- The coldest months are July, August and September
- The rainiest months are April, June, July, August and September
- The best months for swimming are February and March
Annual weather in Whangamata
For full information about the climate and weather in Whangamata a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||61°F/72°F||good weather||Whangamata in january|
|February||61°F/72°F||good weather||Whangamata in february|
|March||58°F/70°F||good weather||Whangamata in march|
|April||56°F/65°F||good weather||Whangamata in april|
|May||54°F/61°F||good weather||Whangamata in may|
|June||50°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Whangamata in june|
|July||49°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Whangamata in july|
|August||49°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Whangamata in august|
|September||49°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Whangamata in september|
|October||50°F/61°F||good weather||Whangamata in october|
|November||54°F/67°F||good weather||Whangamata in november|
|December||59°F/68°F||good weather||Whangamata in december|
Weather and climate in Whangamata
- From january to may the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 70°F and, in may, 6 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of june and october the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 61°F in average and you can expect to have 4.5in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 59°F and you can expect to have 5.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Whangamata
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Whangamata: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Whangamata
Find out when Whangamata has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Whangamata
- Very low season in Whangamata
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, July, August and September.
- Low season in Whangamata
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April.
- High season in Whangamata
The number of visitors to Whangamata is high in: February, March, October and November.
- Peak season in Whangamata
The largest number of tourists visiting Whangamata is during: January and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Whangamata month by month
Best time for low prices in Whangamata
Average prices of hotels in Whangamata month by month
Generally, August is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Whangamata. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, May is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.