Best time to go to Christchurch Average weather of Christchurch, New Zealand
Discover the perfect time to go to Christchurch in New Zealand from seasonal averages here.
When is the best time to go to Christchurch?
When is the best time to go to Christchurch? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Christchurch are January, February, March, April, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- July is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are May, June, August and October
For full information about the climate and weather in Christchurch a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|good weather||Christchurch in january|
|good weather||Christchurch in february|
|good weather||Christchurch in march|
|good weather||Christchurch in april|
|tolerable weather||Christchurch in may|
|bad weather||Christchurch in june|
|bad weather||Christchurch in july|
|bad weather||Christchurch in august|
|tolerable weather||Christchurch in september|
|tolerable weather||Christchurch in october|
|good weather||Christchurch in november|
|good weather||Christchurch in december|
Weather and climate in Christchurch
- Between january and april the climate is beautiful. It is for example 65°F as maximum temperature in april and it rains about 2.1in each month.
- In may the climate is passable, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 45°F and it rains about 2.3in each month.
- In the month of june the climate is bad. the thermometer goes up to 54°F°C and you can expect to have 2.6in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In july the climate is the worst possible. By early evening, the temperature averages 45°F and, in july, 7 days of rain are expected.
- In august the climate is not good. In average, on the morning it is 41°F and you can expect to have 2.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of september and october the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 61°F and it rains about 28% of the time in october.
- Between november and december the climate is beautiful. By early evening, the temperature averages 65°F and it rains about 1.6in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Christchurch
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Christchurch: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of New Zealand
Christchurch appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in New Zealand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.