When is the best time to go to Christchurch?
When is the best time to go to Christchurch? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Christchurch are January, February, March, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- July is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, May, June and October
For full information about the climate and weather in Christchurch a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||14°C/22°C||96mm||good weather||Christchurch in january|
|February||16°C/22°C||65mm||good weather||Christchurch in february|
|March||14°C/20°C||54mm||good weather||Christchurch in march|
|April||11°C/17°C||69mm||tolerable weather||Christchurch in april|
|May||8°C/14°C||86mm||tolerable weather||Christchurch in may|
|June||7°C/11°C||82mm||bad weather||Christchurch in june|
|July||5°C/11°C||60mm||very bad weather||Christchurch in july|
|August||7°C/13°C||76mm||bad weather||Christchurch in august|
|September||9°C/15°C||43mm||tolerable weather||Christchurch in september|
|October||10°C/16°C||85mm||tolerable weather||Christchurch in october|
|November||10°C/18°C||75mm||good weather||Christchurch in november|
|December||11°C/21°C||62mm||good weather||Christchurch in december|
Weather and climate in Christchurch
- Between january and april the climate is beautiful. It is for example 17°C as maximum temperature in april and it rains about 69mm each month.
- In may the climate is passable, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 6°C and it rains about 86mm each month.
- In the month of june the climate is bad. the thermometer goes up to 11°C°C and you can expect to have 82mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In july the climate is the worst possible. By early evening, the temperature averages 7°C and, in july, 9 days of rain are expected.
- In august the climate is not good. In average, on the morning it is 5°C and you can expect to have 76mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of september and october the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 16°C and it rains about 36% of the time in october.
- Between november and december the climate is beautiful. By early evening, the temperature averages 17°C and it rains about 62mm each month.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Christchurch
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Christchurch: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of New Zealand
Christchurch appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in New Zealand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.