Best time to go to Christchurch Average weather of Christchurch, New Zealand
Discover the perfect time to go to Christchurch in New Zealand from seasonal averages here.
When is the best time to go to Christchurch?
When is the best time to go to Christchurch? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Christchurch are January, February, March, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- July is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, May, June and October
For full information about the climate and weather in Christchurch a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|good weather||Christchurch in january|
|good weather||Christchurch in february|
|good weather||Christchurch in march|
|tolerable weather||Christchurch in april|
|tolerable weather||Christchurch in may|
|bad weather||Christchurch in june|
|very bad weather||Christchurch in july|
|bad weather||Christchurch in august|
|tolerable weather||Christchurch in september|
|tolerable weather||Christchurch in october|
|good weather||Christchurch in november|
|good weather||Christchurch in december|
Weather and climate in Christchurch
- Between january and april the climate is beautiful. It is for example 17°C as maximum temperature in april and it rains about 69mm each month.
- In may the climate is passable, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 6°C and it rains about 86mm each month.
- In the month of june the climate is bad. the thermometer goes up to 11°C°C and you can expect to have 82mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In july the climate is the worst possible. By early evening, the temperature averages 7°C and, in july, 9 days of rain are expected.
- In august the climate is not good. In average, on the morning it is 5°C and you can expect to have 76mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of september and october the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 16°C and it rains about 36% of the time in october.
- Between november and december the climate is beautiful. By early evening, the temperature averages 17°C and it rains about 62mm each month.
Tours and organised trips in New Zealand
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Christchurch
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Christchurch: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of New Zealand
Christchurch appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in New Zealand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.
Recommended for you:
Key cities in New Zealand
© 2014-2019 Des Clics Nomades SAS - All right reserved