Best time to go to Tauranga Average weather of Tauranga, New Zealand
Find the perfect time to go to Tauranga in New Zealand from average climate conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Tauranga?
When is the best time to go to Tauranga? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Tauranga are January, February, March, April, May, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- The coldest months are July, August and September
- The rainiest months are April, June, July, August and September
- The best months for swimming are February and March
Annual weather in Tauranga
For full information about the climate and weather in Tauranga a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||61°F/72°F||good weather||Tauranga in january|
|February||61°F/72°F||good weather||Tauranga in february|
|March||58°F/70°F||good weather||Tauranga in march|
|April||56°F/65°F||good weather||Tauranga in april|
|May||54°F/61°F||good weather||Tauranga in may|
|June||50°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Tauranga in june|
|July||49°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Tauranga in july|
|August||49°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Tauranga in august|
|September||49°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Tauranga in september|
|October||50°F/61°F||good weather||Tauranga in october|
|November||54°F/67°F||good weather||Tauranga in november|
|December||59°F/68°F||good weather||Tauranga in december|
Weather and climate in Tauranga
- Between january and may the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 54°F and it rains about 5.8in each month.
- Between the months of june and september the climate is correct. It is for example 58°F as maximum temperature in september and it rains about 26% of the time in september.
- Between the months of october and november the climate is good. The temperature rises to 67°F and it rains about 4.6in each month.
- In the month of december the climate is passable, but still OK. It is for example 68°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains about 5.2in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Tauranga
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Tauranga: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Tauranga
Find out when Tauranga has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Tauranga
- Very low season in Tauranga
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, July, August and September.
- Low season in Tauranga
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April and October.
- High season in Tauranga
The number of visitors to Tauranga is high in: February and November.
- Peak season in Tauranga
The largest number of tourists visiting Tauranga is during: January and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Tauranga month by month
Best time for low prices in Tauranga
Average prices of hotels in Tauranga month by month
Generally, August is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Tauranga. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Tauranga
On average, it costs $ 16 per day to hire a car in Tauranga. This price varies by $ 2 depending on the month. In june, hiring a car costs an average of $ 14 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in february is $ 16.