When is the best time to go to Wellington?
When is the best time to go to Wellington? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Wellington are January, February, March, April and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- The coldest months are June, July, August and September
- The rainiest months are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- February is the best month for swimming
For full information about the climate and weather in Wellington a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||17°C/21°C||80mm||good weather||Wellington in january|
|February||18°C/22°C||73mm||good weather||Wellington in february|
|March||17°C/20°C||63mm||good weather||Wellington in march|
|April||16°C/18°C||85mm||good weather||Wellington in april|
|May||14°C/16°C||83mm||tolerable weather||Wellington in may|
|June||12°C/14°C||102mm||tolerable weather||Wellington in june|
|July||11°C/14°C||97mm||tolerable weather||Wellington in july|
|August||11°C/14°C||92mm||tolerable weather||Wellington in august|
|September||12°C/14°C||84mm||tolerable weather||Wellington in september|
|October||13°C/16°C||84mm||tolerable weather||Wellington in october|
|November||13°C/17°C||62mm||tolerable weather||Wellington in november|
|December||15°C/20°C||77mm||good weather||Wellington in december|
Weather and climate in Wellington
- From january to april the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 14°C and it rains about 85mm each month.
- Between the months of may and november the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 23°C and it rains in november about 62mm.
- In the month of december the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 18°C.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Wellington
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Wellington: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of New Zealand
Wellington appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in New Zealand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.