Best time to go to Wellington Average weather of Wellington, New Zealand
Find the most favorable time to go to Wellington in New Zealand from seasonal averages, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Wellington?
When is the best time to go to Wellington? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Wellington are January, February, March, April, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- The coldest months are June, July, August and September
- February is the best month for swimming
For full information about the climate and weather in Wellington a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|good weather||Wellington in january|
|good weather||Wellington in february|
|good weather||Wellington in march|
|good weather||Wellington in april|
|tolerable weather||Wellington in may|
|tolerable weather||Wellington in june|
|bad weather||Wellington in july|
|bad weather||Wellington in august|
|tolerable weather||Wellington in september|
|tolerable weather||Wellington in october|
|good weather||Wellington in november|
|good weather||Wellington in december|
Weather and climate in Wellington
- From january to april the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 58°F and it rains about 1.5in each month.
- Between the months of may and november the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 68°F and it rains in november about 1.5in.
- In the month of december the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 63°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Wellington
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Wellington: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of New Zealand
Wellington appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in New Zealand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.