Best time to go to Tonga for a perfect weather and where to go?
Discover the perfect time to visit Tonga from average climate conditions in many locations like Haʻapai islands (Lifuka and Foa) or Vavaʻu island right here.
When is the best time to go to Tonga?
When is the best time to go to Tonga? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Tonga, the weather is good across more than 64% of the territory for: May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- The best months to go to Nukuʻalofa are April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months in Nukuʻalofa are January, February, March, April, May and December
- The rainiest months in this city are January, February and March
- The cities with the best climate are Nukuʻalofa and Tongatapu Island, with good weather at least 9 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Nukuʻalofa are January, February, March, April, May and December
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Tonga for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||81°F to 85°F||tolerable|
|February||81°F to 85°F||tolerable|
|March||81°F to 85°F||tolerable|
|April||79°F to 85°F||tolerable to good*|
|May||77°F to 83°F||tolerable to good*|
|June||76°F to 81°F||tolerable to good*|
|July||74°F to 81°F||tolerable to good*|
|August||74°F to 81°F||tolerable to good*|
|September||74°F to 81°F||tolerable to good*|
|October||76°F to 81°F||tolerable to good*|
|November||77°F to 83°F||tolerable to good*|
|December||79°F to 83°F||tolerable to good*|
Best time to travel to Tonga by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Tonga
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Tonga and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Nukuʻalofa, Haʻapai islands (Lifuka and Foa), Niuafoʻou (Niuas islands), Tongatapu Island and Vavaʻu island, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Where to go in Tonga?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Haʻapai islands (Lifuka and Foa)||83°F||83°F||83°F||81°F||79°F||79°F||77°F||76°F||77°F||77°F||79°F||81°F|
|Niuafoʻou (Niuas islands)||85°F||85°F||85°F||85°F||83°F||83°F||81°F||81°F||81°F||83°F||83°F||85°F|
What can I do in Tonga?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping