Best time to go to Queenstown Average weather of Queenstown, New Zealand
Get the very best time to go to Queenstown in New Zealand from average climate conditions right here.
When is the best time to go to Queenstown?
When is the best time to go to Queenstown? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Queenstown are January, February, March, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February and December
- July is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, February, May, September, October, November and December
Annual weather in Queenstown
For full information about the climate and weather in Queenstown a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||47°F/67°F||tolerable weather||Queenstown in january|
|February||45°F/68°F||tolerable weather||Queenstown in february|
|March||43°F/63°F||tolerable weather||Queenstown in march|
|April||40°F/56°F||very bad weather||Queenstown in april|
|May||36°F/50°F||very bad weather||Queenstown in may|
|June||32°F/45°F||very bad weather||Queenstown in june|
|July||31°F/43°F||very bad weather||Queenstown in july|
|August||32°F/47°F||very bad weather||Queenstown in august|
|September||34°F/50°F||very bad weather||Queenstown in september|
|October||38°F/56°F||very bad weather||Queenstown in october|
|November||43°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Queenstown in november|
|December||47°F/65°F||tolerable weather||Queenstown in december|
Weather and climate in Queenstown
- From january to february the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 83°F and it rains in february about 4.9in.
- Between the months of march and april the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 40°F and, in april, 7 days of rain are expected.
- Between may and october the climate is very bad. At lunchtime, it's 54°F in average and it rains about 26% of the time in october.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is correct. It is for example 65°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 5.6in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Queenstown
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Queenstown: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Queenstown
Find out when Queenstown has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Queenstown
- Very low season in Queenstown
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May and June.
- Low season in Queenstown
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, July, August, September and October.
- High season in Queenstown
The number of visitors to Queenstown is high in: January, March and November.
- Peek season in Queenstown
The largest number of tourists visiting Queenstown is during: February and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Queenstown month by month
Best time for low prices in Queenstown
Average prices of hotels in Queenstown month by month
Generally, June is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Queenstown. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.