When is the best time to go to Queenstown?
When is the best time to go to Queenstown? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Queenstown are January and February
- On average, the warmest months are January, February and December
- August is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, February, April, May, September, October and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Queenstown a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||10°C/19°C||144mm||good weather||Queenstown in january|
|February||10°C/20°C||118mm||good weather||Queenstown in february|
|March||8°C/17°C||105mm||tolerable weather||Queenstown in march|
|April||6°C/14°C||129mm||tolerable weather||Queenstown in april|
|May||3°C/9°C||137mm||very bad weather||Queenstown in may|
|June||1°C/7°C||90mm||very bad weather||Queenstown in june|
|July||1°C/6°C||93mm||very bad weather||Queenstown in july|
|August||-0°C/8°C||114mm||very bad weather||Queenstown in august|
|September||2°C/10°C||123mm||very bad weather||Queenstown in september|
|October||5°C/13°C||136mm||very bad weather||Queenstown in october|
|November||6°C/16°C||96mm||tolerable weather||Queenstown in november|
|December||6°C/19°C||145mm||tolerable weather||Queenstown in december|
Weather and climate in Queenstown
- From january to february the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 29°C and it rains in february about 118mm.
- Between the months of march and april the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 4°C and, in april, 13 days of rain are expected.
- Between may and october the climate is very bad. At lunchtime, it's 12°C in average and it rains about 55% of the time in october.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is correct. It is for example 19°C as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 145mm.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Queenstown
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Queenstown: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of New Zealand
Queenstown appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in New Zealand appear on the map with a black icon. Hover for information about the climate.