When is the best time to go to Queenstown?
When is the best time to go to Queenstown? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Queenstown are January, February and March
- On average, the warmest months are January, February and December
- July is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, February, April, May, September, October, November and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Queenstown a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||11°C/20°C||118mm||good weather||Queenstown in january|
|February||11°C/20°C||103mm||good weather||Queenstown in february|
|March||9°C/18°C||87mm||good weather||Queenstown in march|
|April||7°C/14°C||112mm||tolerable weather||Queenstown in april|
|May||4°C/9°C||122mm||very bad weather||Queenstown in may|
|June||1°C/7°C||73mm||very bad weather||Queenstown in june|
|July||-0°C/6°C||94mm||very bad weather||Queenstown in july|
|August||-0°C/8°C||90mm||very bad weather||Queenstown in august|
|September||3°C/11°C||104mm||very bad weather||Queenstown in september|
|October||6°C/13°C||123mm||bad weather||Queenstown in october|
|November||6°C/16°C||98mm||tolerable weather||Queenstown in november|
|December||8°C/19°C||114mm||tolerable weather||Queenstown in december|
Weather and climate in Queenstown
- From january to february the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 30°C and it rains in february about 103mm.
- Between the months of march and april the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 4°C and, in april, 13 days of rain are expected.
- Between may and october the climate is very bad. At lunchtime, it's 13°C in average and it rains about 51% of the time in october.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is correct. It is for example 19°C as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 114mm.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Queenstown
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Queenstown: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of New Zealand
Queenstown appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in New Zealand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.