Best time to go to Queenstown Average weather of Queenstown, New Zealand
Get the very best time to go to Queenstown in New Zealand from average climate conditions right here.
When is the best time to go to Queenstown?
When is the best time to go to Queenstown? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Queenstown are January, February, March and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February and December
- July is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, February, September, October, November and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Queenstown a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|good weather||Queenstown in january|
|good weather||Queenstown in february|
|good weather||Queenstown in march|
|bad weather||Queenstown in april|
|very bad weather||Queenstown in may|
|very bad weather||Queenstown in june|
|very bad weather||Queenstown in july|
|very bad weather||Queenstown in august|
|very bad weather||Queenstown in september|
|bad weather||Queenstown in october|
|tolerable weather||Queenstown in november|
|good weather||Queenstown in december|
Weather and climate in Queenstown
- From january to february the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 77°F and it rains in february about 2.5in.
- Between the months of march and april the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 41°F and, in april, 9 days of rain are expected.
- Between may and october the climate is very bad. At lunchtime, it's 49°F in average and it rains about 37% of the time in october.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is correct. It is for example 61°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 2.7in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Queenstown
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Queenstown: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of New Zealand
Queenstown appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in New Zealand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.