When is the best time to go to Auckland?
When is the best time to go to Auckland? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Auckland are January, February and March
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- The coldest months are June, July, August and September
- The rainiest months are May, June, July, August and September
- The best months for swimming are February and March
For full information about the climate and weather in Auckland a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||20°C/24°C||87mm||good weather||Auckland in january|
|February||21°C/25°C||108mm||good weather||Auckland in february|
|March||20°C/23°C||100mm||good weather||Auckland in march|
|April||18°C/21°C||100mm||tolerable weather||Auckland in april|
|May||16°C/19°C||146mm||tolerable weather||Auckland in may|
|June||14°C/17°C||145mm||tolerable weather||Auckland in june|
|July||13°C/16°C||140mm||tolerable weather||Auckland in july|
|August||13°C/16°C||138mm||tolerable weather||Auckland in august|
|September||14°C/17°C||124mm||tolerable weather||Auckland in september|
|October||15°C/18°C||80mm||tolerable weather||Auckland in october|
|November||15°C/20°C||66mm||tolerable weather||Auckland in november|
|December||18°C/23°C||106mm||tolerable weather||Auckland in december|
Weather and climate in Auckland
- From january to may the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 19°C and, in may, 15 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of june and september the climate is okay. At lunchtime, it's 16°C in average and, in september, 15 days of rain are expected.
- From october to november the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 20°C°C and, in november, 11 days of rain are expected.
- In december the climate is passable, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 23°C°C.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Auckland
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Auckland: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of New Zealand
Auckland appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in New Zealand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.