Best time to go to Auckland Average weather of Auckland, New Zealand
Find the very best time to visit Auckland in New Zealand from average weather conditions below.
When is the best time to go to Auckland?
When is the best time to go to Auckland? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Auckland are January, February, March, April, May, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- The coldest months are July, August and September
- The rainiest months are May, June, July, August and September
- The best months for swimming are February and March
Annual weather in Auckland
For full information about the climate and weather in Auckland a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||65°F/74°F||good weather||Auckland in january|
|February||65°F/74°F||good weather||Auckland in february|
|March||63°F/72°F||good weather||Auckland in march|
|April||61°F/68°F||good weather||Auckland in april|
|May||58°F/63°F||good weather||Auckland in may|
|June||56°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Auckland in june|
|July||54°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Auckland in july|
|August||54°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Auckland in august|
|September||54°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Auckland in september|
|October||56°F/63°F||good weather||Auckland in october|
|November||59°F/67°F||good weather||Auckland in november|
|December||63°F/70°F||good weather||Auckland in december|
Weather and climate in Auckland
- From january to may the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 63°F and, in may, 7 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of june and september the climate is okay. At lunchtime, it's 59°F in average and, in september, 8 days of rain are expected.
- From october to november the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 67°F°C and, in november, 5 days of rain are expected.
- In december the climate is passable, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 70°F°C.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Auckland
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Auckland: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Auckland
Find out when Auckland has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Auckland
- Very low season in Auckland
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, July and August.
- Low season in Auckland
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, April, September and October.
- High season in Auckland
The number of visitors to Auckland is high in: February, March and November.
- Peek season in Auckland
The largest number of tourists visiting Auckland is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Auckland month by month
Best time for low prices in Auckland
Average prices of hotels in Auckland month by month
Generally, June is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Auckland. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Auckland
A return flight between London and Auckland is generally cheaper if you go in november ($ 1246 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 564 more for your airline ticket to Auckland if you go in july.
Average price of hiring a car in Auckland
On average, it costs $ 14 per day to hire a car in Auckland. This price varies by $ 4.8 depending on the month. In september, hiring a car costs an average of $ 9.6 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in april is $ 15.