Best time to go to Rotorua Average weather of Rotorua, New Zealand
Get the most favorable time to go to Rotorua in New Zealand from average weather conditions below.
When is the best time to go to Rotorua?
When is the best time to go to Rotorua? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Rotorua are January, February, March, April, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- The coldest months are July and August
- The rainiest months are April, May, June, July, August, September and December
Annual weather in Rotorua
For full information about the climate and weather in Rotorua a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||56°F/74°F||good weather||Rotorua in january|
|February||56°F/74°F||good weather||Rotorua in february|
|March||54°F/70°F||good weather||Rotorua in march|
|April||50°F/65°F||good weather||Rotorua in april|
|May||47°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Rotorua in may|
|June||45°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Rotorua in june|
|July||43°F/54°F||bad weather||Rotorua in july|
|August||43°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Rotorua in august|
|September||45°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Rotorua in september|
|October||47°F/63°F||tolerable weather||Rotorua in october|
|November||52°F/68°F||good weather||Rotorua in november|
|December||56°F/72°F||good weather||Rotorua in december|
Weather and climate in Rotorua
- Between the months of january and april the climate is good. It is for example 65°F as maximum temperature in april and it rains about 5.9in each month.
- In the month of may the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 59°F as maximum temperature in may and it rains about 19% of the time in may.
- Between the months of june and august the climate is not good. The temperature rises to 56°F and it rains about 25% of the time in august.
- From september to october the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 63°F and it rains about 5.2in each month.
- In the month of november the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 68°F°C and it rains in november about 4.8in.
- In the month of december the climate is passable, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 65°F and it rains about 5.9in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Rotorua
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Rotorua: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Rotorua
Find out when Rotorua has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Rotorua
- Very low season in Rotorua
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, July and August.
- Low season in Rotorua
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, September and October.
- High season in Rotorua
The number of visitors to Rotorua is high in: January, February, April and November.
- Peek season in Rotorua
The largest number of tourists visiting Rotorua is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Rotorua month by month
Best time for low prices in Rotorua
Average prices of hotels in Rotorua month by month
Generally, June is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Rotorua. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Rotorua
On average, it costs $ 16 per day to hire a car in Rotorua. This price varies by $ 2.4 depending on the month. In march, hiring a car costs an average of $ 15 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 17.