When is the best time to go to Rotorua?
When is the best time to go to Rotorua? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Rotorua are January, February, March, April and November
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- July is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are May, June, August, September and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Rotorua a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||17°C/24°C||141mm||good weather||Rotorua in january|
|February||18°C/24°C||132mm||good weather||Rotorua in february|
|March||16°C/22°C||103mm||good weather||Rotorua in march|
|April||14°C/19°C||132mm||good weather||Rotorua in april|
|May||11°C/15°C||152mm||tolerable weather||Rotorua in may|
|June||9°C/13°C||156mm||bad weather||Rotorua in june|
|July||8°C/13°C||140mm||bad weather||Rotorua in july|
|August||9°C/14°C||177mm||tolerable weather||Rotorua in august|
|September||10°C/15°C||175mm||tolerable weather||Rotorua in september|
|October||13°C/17°C||135mm||tolerable weather||Rotorua in october|
|November||11°C/20°C||93mm||good weather||Rotorua in november|
|December||14°C/22°C||146mm||tolerable weather||Rotorua in december|
Weather and climate in Rotorua
- Between the months of january and april the climate is good. It is for example 19°C as maximum temperature in april and it rains about 132mm each month.
- In the month of may the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 15°C as maximum temperature in may and it rains about 39% of the time in may.
- Between the months of june and august the climate is not good. The temperature rises to 14°C and it rains about 48% of the time in august.
- From september to october the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 17°C and it rains about 135mm each month.
- In the month of november the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 20°C°C and it rains in november about 93mm.
- In the month of december the climate is passable, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 19°C and it rains about 146mm each month.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Rotorua
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Rotorua: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of New Zealand
Rotorua appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in New Zealand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.