Best time to go to Hamilton Average weather of Hamilton, New Zealand
Get the very best time to go to Hamilton in New Zealand from average climate conditions below.
When is the best time to go to Hamilton?
When is the best time to go to Hamilton? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Hamilton are January, February, March, April, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February and March
- The coldest months are July and August
- The rainiest months are February, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
Annual weather in Hamilton
For full information about the climate and weather in Hamilton a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||59°F/76°F||good weather||Hamilton in january|
|February||58°F/77°F||good weather||Hamilton in february|
|March||56°F/74°F||good weather||Hamilton in march|
|April||52°F/68°F||good weather||Hamilton in april|
|May||49°F/63°F||tolerable weather||Hamilton in may|
|June||47°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Hamilton in june|
|July||45°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Hamilton in july|
|August||45°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Hamilton in august|
|September||47°F/61°F||tolerable weather||Hamilton in september|
|October||50°F/65°F||good weather||Hamilton in october|
|November||54°F/68°F||good weather||Hamilton in november|
|December||58°F/72°F||good weather||Hamilton in december|
Weather and climate in Hamilton
- From january to april the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 77°F and it rains about 16% of the time in april.
- Between may and october the climate is okay. The temperature rises to 65°F and it rains about 3.8in each month.
- In the month of november the climate is good. The temperature rises to 68°F and it rains in november about 3.5in.
- In the month of december the climate is correct. In average, on the morning it is 58°F and, in december, 6 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Hamilton
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Hamilton: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Hamilton
Find out when Hamilton has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Hamilton
- Very low season in Hamilton
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June and August.
- Low season in Hamilton
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, April, July, September and November.
- High season in Hamilton
The number of visitors to Hamilton is high in: March and October.
- Peek season in Hamilton
The largest number of tourists visiting Hamilton is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Hamilton month by month
Best time for low prices in Hamilton
Average prices of hotels in Hamilton month by month
Generally, April is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Hamilton. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.