Best time to go to Australia for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the perfect time to visit Australia from seasonal averages in many locations like Purnululu National Park or Cairns, below.
When is the best time to go to Australia?
When is the best time to go to Australia? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Australia, the weather is good everywhere in April, October, November and December
- The weather is good all year in Sydney
- On average, the warmest months in Sydney are January, February, March and December, and the coldest months are July and August
- The rainiest months in this city are February, March and June
- The cities with the best climate are Sydney, Brisbane (Queensland), Fraser Island, Gold Coast, Perth, Uluru (Ayers Rock), Baird Bay, Cape Arid National Park, Carrarang and Cockatoo Island, with good weather at least 11 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Sydney are January, February, March, April and December
Annual weather in Australia
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Australia for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||59°F to 101°F||perfect weather*|
|February||58°F to 99°F||good weather*|
|March||54°F to 99°F||good weather*|
|April||47°F to 99°F||good weather*|
|May||41°F to 92°F||good weather*|
|June||38°F to 88°F||good weather*|
|July||36°F to 88°F||good weather*|
|August||36°F to 94°F||perfect weather*|
|September||41°F to 99°F||perfect weather*|
|October||49°F to 104°F||good weather*|
|November||54°F to 104°F||good weather*|
|December||58°F to 103°F||good weather*|
Best time to travel to Australia by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Australia
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Australia and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Sydney, Adelaide, Alice Springs, Brisbane (Queensland) and Cairns, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Australia
Find out when Australia has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Australia
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, June and November. The number of visitors to Australia is high in: July, August, September, October and December.
- Very low season in Australia: January, February, March, May and June.
- Low season in Australia: April and November.
- High season in Australia: July, August, September and October.
- Peek season in Australia: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Australia month by month
Average price for flights to Australia
A return flight between Melbourne and Sydney is generally cheaper if you go in august ($ 113 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 22 more for your airline ticket to Sydney if you go in december.
Where to go in Australia?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Uluru (Ayers Rock)||97°F||95°F||92°F||83°F||72°F||65°F||67°F||72°F||81°F||88°F||94°F||95°F|
|Bamaga (Cape York Peninsula)||90°F||88°F||88°F||88°F||86°F||86°F||86°F||88°F||92°F||95°F||95°F||94°F|
|Cape Arid National Park||77°F||77°F||76°F||72°F||67°F||63°F||63°F||63°F||65°F||68°F||72°F||74°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Australia?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping