Best time to go to New Caledonia for a perfect weather and where to go?
Get the best time to visit New Caledonia from seasonal norms in many locations like Ouvéa or Koumac, below.
When is the best time to go to New Caledonia?
When is the best time to go to New Caledonia? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In New Calendonia, the weather is good everywhere in April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- The best months to go to Noumea are January, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months in Noumea are January, February, March, April, November and December
- March is the wettest month in this city
- The cities with the best climate are Noumea, Thio, Bourail, Canala, Chutes de la Madeleine, Farino, île des Pins, Île Ouen, Lifou island and Maré, with good weather at least 10 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Noumea are January, February, March, April and December
Annual weather in New Calendonia
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in New Calendonia for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||76°F to 83°F||good weather*|
|February||76°F to 85°F||tolerable weather*|
|March||76°F to 85°F||tolerable weather|
|April||74°F to 81°F||good weather|
|May||70°F to 79°F||good weather*|
|June||68°F to 77°F||good weather*|
|July||67°F to 76°F||good weather*|
|August||67°F to 74°F||good weather*|
|September||68°F to 76°F||perfect weather*|
|October||70°F to 79°F||good weather*|
|November||72°F to 81°F||good weather|
|December||76°F to 83°F||good weather|
Best time to travel to New Caledonia by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in New Calendonia
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of New Caledonia and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Noumea, Thio, Bourail, Canala and Chutes de la Madeleine, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in New Calendonia
Find out when New Caledonia has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in New Calendonia
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May and June. The number of visitors to New Caledonia is high in: July, August, September, October, November and December.
- Very low season in New Calendonia: January, February, March and May.
- Low season in New Calendonia: April and June.
- High season in New Calendonia: August, September and November.
- Peek season in New Calendonia: July, October and December.
Figure: Visitor index for New Caledonia month by month
Average price for flights to New Caledonia
A return flight between Sydney and Noumea is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 530 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 182 more for your airline ticket to Noumea if you go in december.
Where to go in New Calendonia?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Chutes de la Madeleine||79°F||81°F||79°F||77°F||74°F||72°F||70°F||70°F||72°F||76°F||77°F||79°F|
|île des Pins||81°F||81°F||81°F||79°F||77°F||74°F||72°F||72°F||72°F||74°F||76°F||79°F|
About New Caledonia
What can I do in New Calendonia?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping