Best time to go to Tasmania for a perfect weather and where to go?
Discover the most favorable time to go to Tasmania from average climate conditions in many locations like Wynyard or Devonport, here.
When is the best time to go to Tasmania?
When is the best time to go to Tasmania? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Tasmania, the weather is good everywhere in January, February, March, November and December
- The best months to go to Hobart are January, February, March, November and December
- On average, the warmest months in Hobart are January, February, March and December, and the coldest months are July and August
- The rainiest months in this city are March, May, June, August, September, November and December
- Douglas-Apsley National Park is the city with the best climate, with good weather 12 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Devonport are February and March
Annual weather in Tasmania
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Tasmania for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||56°F to 76°F||good weather*|
|February||54°F to 74°F||good weather*|
|March||52°F to 72°F||good weather|
|April||49°F to 67°F||good weather*|
|May||43°F to 59°F||tolerable weather|
|June||41°F to 58°F||tolerable weather*|
|July||40°F to 56°F||bad weather*|
|August||40°F to 56°F||tolerable weather*|
|September||43°F to 61°F||tolerable weather|
|October||49°F to 65°F||tolerable weather*|
|November||50°F to 70°F||good weather|
|December||54°F to 72°F||good weather*|
Best time to travel to Tasmania by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Tasmania
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Tasmania and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Hobart, Devonport, Arthur River, Bay of Fires and Bicheno, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Tasmania
Find out when Tasmania has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Tasmania
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, May, June, July, August and September. The number of visitors to Tasmania is high in: January, February, March, October, November and December.
- Very low season in Tasmania: May, June, July and August.
- Low season in Tasmania: April and September.
- High season in Tasmania: January, February, March, October and November.
- Peek season in Tasmania: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Tasmania month by month
Where to go in Tasmania?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Bay of Fires||70°F||70°F||68°F||65°F||59°F||58°F||56°F||56°F||59°F||61°F||65°F||68°F|
|Douglas-Apsley National Park||70°F||70°F||68°F||65°F||59°F||58°F||56°F||56°F||59°F||61°F||65°F||68°F|
|Douglas-Apsley National Park||76°F||74°F||70°F||63°F||58°F||54°F||54°F||54°F||59°F||63°F||68°F||70°F|
|Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park||68°F||68°F||65°F||59°F||54°F||52°F||50°F||52°F||54°F||59°F||63°F||65°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Tasmania?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping