Best time to go to East Timor for a perfect weather and where to go?
Get the best time to go to Timor-Leste from seasonal norms in many locations like Liquiçá or Viqueque, below.
When is the best time to go to East Timor?
When is the best time to go to East Timor? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Timor-Leste, the weather is good everywhere in May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- The best months to go to Dili are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, it is hot all year round in Dili
- The rainiest months in this city are January, February, March and December
- The cities with the best climate are Baucau and Viqueque, with good weather at least 9 months a year
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round in Dili
Annual weather in Timor-Leste
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Timor-Leste for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||77°F to 85°F||tolerable weather*|
|February||77°F to 85°F||tolerable weather*|
|March||77°F to 86°F||tolerable weather|
|April||76°F to 86°F||good weather*|
|May||76°F to 86°F||good weather|
|June||74°F to 85°F||perfect weather*|
|July||74°F to 83°F||perfect weather*|
|August||74°F to 85°F||perfect weather|
|September||74°F to 86°F||perfect weather|
|October||76°F to 90°F||perfect weather*|
|November||77°F to 90°F||good weather|
|December||77°F to 86°F||tolerable weather*|
Best time to travel to Timor-Leste by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Timor-Leste
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Timor-Leste and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Dili, Baucau, Ermera, Liquiçá and Pante Makasar (Oecussi), as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Timor-Leste
Find out when Timor-Leste has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Timor-Leste
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May and December. The number of visitors to Timor-Leste is high in: June, July, August, September, October and November.
- Very low season in Timor-Leste: January, February, March and April.
- Low season in Timor-Leste: May and December.
- High season in Timor-Leste: June and November.
- Peek season in Timor-Leste: July, August, September and October.
Figure: Visitor index for Timor-Leste month by month
Average price for flights to East Timor
A return flight between London and Dili is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 1585 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 661 more for your airline ticket to Dili if you go in august.
Where to go in Timor-Leste?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Pante Makasar (Oecussi)||85°F||85°F||85°F||86°F||86°F||85°F||83°F||85°F||85°F||86°F||86°F||86°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Timor-Leste?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping