Best time to go to Fraser Island Average weather of Fraser Island, Australia
Get the best time to visit Fraser Island in Australia from average weather conditions, right here.
When is the best time to go to Fraser Island?
When is the best time to go to Fraser Island? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Fraser Island
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, November and December
- The rainiest months are January, February, March and December
- The best months for swimming are January, February, March and December
Annual weather in Fraser Island
For full information about the climate and weather in Fraser Island a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||77°F/85°F||good weather||Fraser Island in january|
|February||77°F/85°F||good weather||Fraser Island in february|
|March||76°F/83°F||good weather||Fraser Island in march|
|April||72°F/79°F||good weather||Fraser Island in april|
|May||67°F/74°F||good weather||Fraser Island in may|
|June||63°F/70°F||good weather||Fraser Island in june|
|July||61°F/70°F||perfect weather||Fraser Island in july|
|August||61°F/72°F||perfect weather||Fraser Island in august|
|September||67°F/76°F||perfect weather||Fraser Island in september|
|October||70°F/77°F||good weather||Fraser Island in october|
|November||74°F/81°F||perfect weather||Fraser Island in november|
|December||77°F/83°F||good weather||Fraser Island in december|
Weather and climate in Fraser Island
- From january to march the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 83°F as maximum temperature in march and you can expect to have 7in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From april to august the climate is beautiful. The temperature rises to 72°F and it rains in august about 2.3in.
- In the month of september the climate is very good. the thermometer goes up to 76°F°C and, in september, 2 days of rain are expected.
- From october to december the climate is favorable. It is for example 83°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 6.6in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Fraser Island
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Fraser Island: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Fraser Island
Find out when Fraser Island has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Fraser Island
- Very low season in Fraser Island
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May and June.
- High season in Fraser Island
The number of visitors to Fraser Island is high in: September and October.
- Peek season in Fraser Island
The largest number of tourists visiting Fraser Island is during: July, August, November and December.