Best time to go to Sulawesi (Celebes) for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the most favorable time to go to Sulawesi from seasonal norms in many locations like Enrekang or Parepare below.
When is the best time to go to Sulawesi (Celebes)?
When is the best time to go to Sulawesi (Celebes)? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- On the island of Sulawesi, the weather is good across more than 66% of the territory for: August and September
- The best months to go to Makassar are February, March, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months in Makassar are February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- January is the wettest month in this city
- The cities with the best climate are Lolak, Gorontalo and Mamuju, with good weather at least 11 months a year
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round in Makassar
Annual weather on the island of Sulawesi
For information about the climate and the weather city by city on the island of Sulawesi for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||68°F to 92°F||tolerable weather*|
|February||68°F to 94°F||tolerable weather*|
|March||70°F to 92°F||tolerable weather*|
|April||72°F to 92°F||tolerable weather*|
|May||72°F to 90°F||bad weather*|
|June||70°F to 88°F||tolerable weather*|
|July||68°F to 88°F||tolerable weather*|
|August||68°F to 90°F||good weather*|
|September||70°F to 92°F||good weather*|
|October||72°F to 95°F||good weather*|
|November||72°F to 95°F||tolerable weather*|
|December||70°F to 94°F||tolerable weather*|
Best time to travel to Sulawesi by cities
Temperatures and rainfall on the island of Sulawesi
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Sulawesi and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Makassar, Bitung, Kendari, Manado and Palu, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons on the island of Sulawesi
Find out when Sulawesi has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons on the island of Sulawesi
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May and June. The number of visitors to Sulawesi is high in: July, August, September, October, November and December.
- Very low season on the island of Sulawesi: January, February, March and April.
- Low season on the island of Sulawesi: May and June.
- High season on the island of Sulawesi: July, September, October and November.
- Peek season on the island of Sulawesi: August and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Sulawesi month by month
Where to go on the island of Sulawesi?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
very bad weather
What can I do on the island of Sulawesi?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping