Best time to go to Melbourne Average weather of Melbourne, Australia
Discover the perfect time to go to Melbourne in Australia from seasonal averages below.
When is the best time to go to Melbourne?
When is the best time to go to Melbourne? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Melbourne are January, February, March, April, May, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February and December
- The coldest months are June, July and August
- The best months for swimming are January, February, March, April, May and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Melbourne a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||63°F/79°F||perfect weather||Melbourne in january|
|February||63°F/79°F||perfect weather||Melbourne in february|
|March||59°F/74°F||good weather||Melbourne in march|
|April||56°F/68°F||good weather||Melbourne in april|
|May||50°F/61°F||good weather||Melbourne in may|
|June||47°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Melbourne in june|
|July||47°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Melbourne in july|
|August||47°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Melbourne in august|
|September||49°F/63°F||tolerable weather||Melbourne in september|
|October||52°F/68°F||good weather||Melbourne in october|
|November||58°F/72°F||good weather||Melbourne in november|
|December||61°F/76°F||perfect weather||Melbourne in december|
Weather and climate in Melbourne
- In the month of january the climate is very good. At lunchtime, it's 79°F in average and you can expect to have 1.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From february to april the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 68°F°C and you can expect to have 1.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From may to august the climate is passable, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 50°F and it rains about 35% of the time in august.
- From september to december the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 61°F and it rains about 24% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Melbourne
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Melbourne: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.