Best time to go to Darwin Average weather of Darwin, Australia
Discover the most favorable time to go to Darwin in Australia from average climate conditions right here.
When is the best time to go to Darwin?
When is the best time to go to Darwin? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Darwin are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, August, September, October, November and December
- Darwin has dry periods in June, July and August
- January is the rainiest month
- The best months for swimming are January, February, March, April, May, June, August, September, October, November and December
Annual weather in Darwin
For full information about the climate and weather in Darwin a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||83°F/90°F||very bad weather||Darwin in january|
|February||83°F/88°F||very bad weather||Darwin in february|
|March||81°F/90°F||tolerable weather||Darwin in march|
|April||79°F/90°F||good weather||Darwin in april|
|May||77°F/88°F||perfect weather||Darwin in may|
|June||74°F/86°F||perfect weather||Darwin in june|
|July||72°F/86°F||perfect weather||Darwin in july|
|August||74°F/88°F||perfect weather||Darwin in august|
|September||77°F/92°F||perfect weather||Darwin in september|
|October||81°F/92°F||good weather||Darwin in october|
|November||83°F/94°F||tolerable weather||Darwin in november|
|December||83°F/92°F||bad weather||Darwin in december|
Weather and climate in Darwin
- In the month of january the climate is the worst possible. In average, on the morning it is 83°F and, in january, 23 days of rain are expected.
- In february the climate is not good. In average, on the morning it is 83°F and it rains in february about 21in.
- Between the months of march and april the climate is okay. At lunchtime, it's 88°F in average and it rains about 8in each month.
- In the month of may the climate is favorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 83°F and, in may, 3 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of june the climate is very good. In average, on the morning it is 74°F and it rains about 0.2in each month.
- In the month of july the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 85°F in average and it rains in july about 0.2in.
- In the month of august the climate is very good. At lunchtime, it's 86°F in average and it rains about 0.2in each month.
- In the month of september the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 92°F°C.
- In october the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 92°F in average and it rains about 23% of the time in october.
- In the month of november the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 99°F and it rains about 6.7in each month.
- In the month of december the climate is very unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 92°F in average and it rains about 18.7in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Darwin
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Darwin: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Darwin
Find out when Darwin has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Darwin
- Very low season in Darwin
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and March.
- Low season in Darwin
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, May, November and December.
- High season in Darwin
The number of visitors to Darwin is high in: June, September and October.
- Peek season in Darwin
The largest number of tourists visiting Darwin is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Darwin month by month
Best time for low prices in Darwin
Average prices of hotels in Darwin month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Darwin. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Darwin
On average, it costs $ 26 per day to hire a car in Darwin. This price varies by $ 4.8 depending on the month. In november, hiring a car costs an average of $ 22 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in february is $ 27.