Best time to go to Canberra Average weather of Canberra, Australia
Get the very best time to go to Canberra in Australia from seasonal norms, below.
When is the best time to go to Canberra?
When is the best time to go to Canberra? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Canberra are January, February, March, April, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January and February
- July is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are February, August, September, October, November and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Canberra a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||65°F/85°F||perfect weather||Canberra in january|
|February||61°F/79°F||good weather||Canberra in february|
|March||58°F/76°F||good weather||Canberra in march|
|April||50°F/68°F||good weather||Canberra in april|
|May||43°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Canberra in may|
|June||40°F/54°F||very bad weather||Canberra in june|
|July||38°F/52°F||very bad weather||Canberra in july|
|August||38°F/54°F||very bad weather||Canberra in august|
|September||45°F/61°F||tolerable weather||Canberra in september|
|October||52°F/67°F||good weather||Canberra in october|
|November||58°F/74°F||good weather||Canberra in november|
|December||63°F/79°F||good weather||Canberra in december|
Weather and climate in Canberra
- Between the months of january and april the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 86°F and it rains in april about 1.9in.
- In the month of may the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 59°F and it rains about 1.7in each month.
- From june to august the climate is bad. It is for example 54°F as maximum temperature in august and it rains about 13% of the time in august.
- In september the climate is not good, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 49°F.
- Between october and december the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 63°F and, in december, 5 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Canberra
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Canberra: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.