Best time to go to Canberra Average weather of Canberra, Australia
Get the very best time to go to Canberra in Australia from seasonal norms, below.
When is the best time to go to Canberra?
When is the best time to go to Canberra? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Canberra are January, February, March, April, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January and February
- July is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are February, August, September, October, November and December
Annual weather in Canberra
For full information about the climate and weather in Canberra a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||65°F/85°F||perfect weather||Canberra in january|
|February||61°F/79°F||good weather||Canberra in february|
|March||58°F/76°F||good weather||Canberra in march|
|April||50°F/68°F||good weather||Canberra in april|
|May||43°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Canberra in may|
|June||40°F/54°F||very bad weather||Canberra in june|
|July||38°F/52°F||very bad weather||Canberra in july|
|August||38°F/54°F||very bad weather||Canberra in august|
|September||45°F/61°F||tolerable weather||Canberra in september|
|October||52°F/67°F||good weather||Canberra in october|
|November||58°F/74°F||good weather||Canberra in november|
|December||63°F/79°F||good weather||Canberra in december|
Weather and climate in Canberra
- Between the months of january and april the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 86°F and it rains in april about 1.9in.
- In the month of may the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 59°F and it rains about 1.7in each month.
- From june to august the climate is bad. It is for example 54°F as maximum temperature in august and it rains about 13% of the time in august.
- In september the climate is not good, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 49°F.
- Between october and december the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 63°F and, in december, 5 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Canberra
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Canberra: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Canberra
Find out when Canberra has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Canberra
- Very low season in Canberra
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, March, May, June and August.
- Low season in Canberra
The months with low numbers of tourists are: February, July and November.
- High season in Canberra
The number of visitors to Canberra is high in: April.
- Peek season in Canberra
The largest number of tourists visiting Canberra is during: September, October and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Canberra month by month
Best time for low prices in Canberra
Average prices of hotels in Canberra month by month
Generally, January is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Canberra. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, November is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Canberra
A return flight between London and Canberra is generally cheaper if you go in november ($ 1412 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 937 more for your airline ticket to Canberra if you go in july.
Average price of hiring a car in Canberra
On average, it costs $ 33 per day to hire a car in Canberra. This price varies by $ 26 depending on the month. In november, hiring a car costs an average of $ 21 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in april is $ 46.