Best time to go to Tunisia for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the perfect time to visit Tunisia from seasonal norms in many locations like Hammamet or Sfax on this page.
When is the best time to go to Tunisia?
When is the best time to go to Tunisia? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Tunisia, the weather is good everywhere in March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- The weather is good all year in Tunis
- On average, the warmest months in Tunis are July and August, and the coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months in this city are February, March, October, November and December
- The cities with the best climate are Tunis, Djerba, Hammamet, Monastir, Sfax, Carthage, Gabès, Gammarth, Hammam Lif and Mahdia, with good weather at least 11 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Tunis are June, July, August, September and October
Annual weather in Tunisia
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Tunisia for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||41°F to 63°F||good weather*|
|February||41°F to 68°F||good weather*|
|March||47°F to 77°F||good weather*|
|April||54°F to 88°F||perfect weather*|
|May||63°F to 95°F||perfect weather|
|June||72°F to 103°F||perfect weather|
|July||79°F to 106°F||perfect weather*|
|August||77°F to 104°F||perfect weather*|
|September||70°F to 99°F||perfect weather|
|October||59°F to 86°F||perfect weather|
|November||50°F to 74°F||perfect weather*|
|December||43°F to 67°F||good weather*|
Best time to travel to Tunisia by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Tunisia
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Tunisia and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Tunis, Djerba, Hammamet, Monastir and Sfax, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Tunisia
Find out when Tunisia has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Tunisia
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November and December. The number of visitors to Tunisia is high in: July and August.
- Very low season in Tunisia: January, February, June and November.
- Low season in Tunisia: March, April, May, September, October and December.
- High season in Tunisia: July.
- Peak season in Tunisia: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Tunisia month by month
Average price for flights to Tunisia
A return flight between London and Tunis is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 224 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 235 more for your airline ticket to Tunis if you go in august.
Where to go in Tunisia?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
What can I do in Tunisia?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping
Is this weather information for Tunisia reliable?
Climate data for Tunisia has been gathered every day since January 2009. The analysis of these meteorological data for Tunisia allows us to determine the average for each month in Tunis, Djerba, Hammamet, Monastir, Sfax, Bizerte, Carthage, Gabès, and 59 other cities.
So yes: this data is reliable except in cases of temporary climate disruption in the region.