Best time to go to Cyprus for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the very best time to go to Cyprus from seasonal norms in many locations like Paphos or Larnaca, here.
When is the best time to go to Cyprus?
When is the best time to go to Cyprus? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Cyprus, the weather is good everywhere in February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- The best months to go to Nicosia are February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months in Nicosia are July, August and September, and the coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months in this city are January and December
- The cities with the best climate are Nicosia, Agros, Larnaca, Limassol, Paphos, Protaras, Akamas Peninsula National Park, Akanthoú, Anoyira and Bafra, with good weather at least 11 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Larnaca are July, August and September
Annual weather in Cyprus
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Cyprus for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||54°F to 61°F||good weather*|
|February||54°F to 63°F||good weather|
|March||58°F to 67°F||good weather|
|April||63°F to 72°F||perfect weather*|
|May||70°F to 81°F||perfect weather|
|June||77°F to 88°F||perfect weather|
|July||81°F to 94°F||perfect weather*|
|August||83°F to 95°F||good weather*|
|September||77°F to 90°F||perfect weather|
|October||72°F to 83°F||perfect weather*|
|November||65°F to 74°F||perfect weather|
|December||58°F to 67°F||good weather|
Best time to travel to Cyprus by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Cyprus
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Cyprus and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Nicosia, Agros, Larnaca, Limassol and Paphos, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Cyprus
Find out when Cyprus has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Cyprus
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, November and December. The number of visitors to Cyprus is high in: June, July, August, September and October.
- Very low season in Cyprus: January, February and March.
- Low season in Cyprus: April, May, November and December.
- High season in Cyprus: June and September.
- Peek season in Cyprus: July, August and October.
Figure: Visitor index for Cyprus month by month
Average price for flights to Cyprus
A return flight between London and Nicosia is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 102 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 140 more for your airline ticket to Nicosia if you go in august.
Where to go in Cyprus?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Akamas Peninsula National Park||61°F||61°F||65°F||68°F||76°F||81°F||86°F||86°F||85°F||79°F||72°F||65°F|
|Cape Greco National Forest Park||61°F||63°F||65°F||70°F||77°F||83°F||88°F||90°F||86°F||81°F||72°F||67°F|
|Dipkarpaz National Park||61°F||63°F||65°F||70°F||77°F||85°F||90°F||90°F||88°F||81°F||72°F||65°F|
What can I do in Cyprus?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping