Best time to go to Kos for a perfect weather and where to go?
Get the perfect time to visit Kos from seasonal averages in many locations like Mastichari or Tigaki, right here.
When is the best time to go to Kos?
When is the best time to go to Kos? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- On the island of Kos, the weather is good everywhere in March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- The best months to go to Kardamaina are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months in Kardamaina are July, August and September, and the coldest months are January, February and March
- The rainiest months in this city are January and December
- The cities with the best climate are Kardamaina, Agios Fokas, Kefalos, Mastichari and Tigaki, with good weather at least 9 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Kardamaina are June, July, August, September and October
Annual weather on the island of Kos
For information about the climate and the weather city by city on the island of Kos for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||54°F to 59°F||tolerable weather|
|April||63°F to 67°F||good weather|
|June||74°F to 79°F||perfect weather|
|July||77°F to 85°F||perfect weather|
|August||79°F to 85°F||perfect weather|
|September||76°F to 81°F||perfect weather|
|December||58°F to 63°F||good weather|
Best time to travel to Kos by cities
Temperatures and rainfall on the island of Kos
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Kos and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Kardamaina, Agios Fokas, Kefalos, Mastichari and Tigaki, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons on the island of Kos
Find out when Kos has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons on the island of Kos
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, November and December. The number of visitors to Kos is high in: June, July, August, September and October.
- Very low season on the island of Kos: January, February, April, November and December.
- Low season on the island of Kos: March and May.
- High season on the island of Kos: June, July, September and October.
- Peak season on the island of Kos: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Kos month by month
Where to go on the island of Kos?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
What can I do on the island of Kos?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping