Best time to go to Turkey for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the perfect time to visit Turkey from seasonal norms in many locations like Cappadoce or Marmaris here.
When is the best time to go to Turkey?
When is the best time to go to Turkey? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Turkey, the weather is good everywhere in May, June, July, August, September and October
- The best months to go to Ankara are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months in Ankara are July and August, and the coldest month of the year is January
- The rainiest months in this city are January, February, May and December
- The cities with the best climate are Alanya, Antalya, Belek, Bodrum, Dalaman, Marmaris, Side, Didim, Anamur and Andifli, with good weather at least 10 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Alanya are July, August and September
Annual weather in Turkey
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Turkey for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||14°F to 59°F||very bad weather*|
|February||18°F to 61°F||very bad weather*|
|March||22°F to 67°F||very bad weather*|
|April||32°F to 76°F||good weather*|
|May||41°F to 85°F||good weather*|
|June||47°F to 95°F||perfect weather*|
|July||52°F to 104°F||perfect weather*|
|August||50°F to 104°F||perfect weather*|
|September||43°F to 95°F||perfect weather|
|October||38°F to 85°F||good weather*|
|November||27°F to 72°F||good weather*|
|December||20°F to 63°F||very bad weather*|
Best time to travel to Turkey by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Turkey
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Turkey and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Ankara, Alanya, Antalya, Belek and Bodrum, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Turkey
Find out when Turkey has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Turkey
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, June, November and December. The number of visitors to Turkey is high in: May, July, August, September and October.
- Very low season in Turkey: January, February and March.
- Low season in Turkey: April, June, November and December.
- High season in Turkey: May, September and October.
- Peek season in Turkey: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Turkey month by month
Average price for flights to Turkey
A return flight between London and Antalya is generally cheaper if you go in january ($ 170 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 136 more for your airline ticket to Antalya if you go in august.
Where to go in Turkey?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
very bad weather
What can I do in Turkey?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping