Best time to go to Jordan for a perfect weather and where to go?
Discover the perfect time to go to Jordan from average weather conditions in many locations like Al-'aqabah or Ramm, right here.
When is the best time to go to Jordan?
When is the best time to go to Jordan? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Jordan, the weather is good everywhere in March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- The best months to go to Amman are February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months in Amman are June, July, August and September, and the coldest month of the year is January
- The cities with the best climate are Amman, Al Mazraa, Al-'aqabah, Salt, Wadi Rum, Al-Maghtas (Bethany Beyond the Jordan), Dana Biosphere Reserve, Irbid, Jarash and Madaba, with good weather at least 11 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Al-'aqabah are June, July, August, September and October
Annual weather in Jordan
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Jordan for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||43°F to 70°F||tolerable weather*|
|February||47°F to 72°F||good weather*|
|March||52°F to 77°F||good weather*|
|April||59°F to 86°F||perfect weather|
|May||68°F to 94°F||perfect weather|
|June||74°F to 99°F||perfect weather*|
|July||77°F to 103°F||good weather*|
|August||77°F to 103°F||good weather*|
|September||74°F to 99°F||perfect weather*|
|October||67°F to 92°F||perfect weather|
|November||56°F to 81°F||perfect weather*|
|December||47°F to 74°F||good weather*|
Best time to travel to Jordan by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Jordan
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Jordan and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Amman, Al Mazraa, Al-'aqabah, Petra and Salt, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Jordan
Find out when Jordan has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Jordan
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, May, June and November. The number of visitors to Jordan is high in: April, July, August, September, October and December.
- Very low season in Jordan: January, February and June.
- Low season in Jordan: March, May and November.
- Peek season in Jordan: April, July, August, September, October and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Jordan month by month
Average price for flights to Jordan
A return flight between London and Amman is generally cheaper if you go in january ($ 175 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 196 more for your airline ticket to Amman if you go in august.
Where to go in Jordan?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Al-Maghtas (Bethany Beyond the Jordan)||68°F||72°F||77°F||85°F||94°F||97°F||101°F||101°F||99°F||92°F||81°F||72°F|
|Azraq Wetland Reserve||61°F||65°F||74°F||83°F||92°F||99°F||103°F||103°F||97°F||88°F||74°F||63°F|
|Dana Biosphere Reserve||65°F||68°F||74°F||83°F||90°F||95°F||99°F||99°F||94°F||86°F||77°F||68°F|
|Shawmari Wildlife Reserve||61°F||65°F||74°F||83°F||92°F||99°F||103°F||103°F||97°F||88°F||74°F||63°F|
What can I do in Jordan?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping