When is the best time to go to Wilpattu National Park?
When is the best time to go to Wilpattu National Park? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Wilpattu National Park are February, March, May, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- The rainiest months are October and November
For full information about the climate and weather in Wilpattu National Park a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||24°C/30°C||73mm||tolerable weather||Wilpattu National Park in january|
|February||24°C/32°C||76mm||good weather||Wilpattu National Park in february|
|March||26°C/35°C||117mm||good weather||Wilpattu National Park in march|
|April||27°C/35°C||209mm||tolerable weather||Wilpattu National Park in april|
|May||27°C/34°C||144mm||good weather||Wilpattu National Park in may|
|June||27°C/33°C||37mm||good weather||Wilpattu National Park in june|
|July||28°C/33°C||47mm||good weather||Wilpattu National Park in july|
|August||27°C/33°C||77mm||good weather||Wilpattu National Park in august|
|September||27°C/34°C||130mm||good weather||Wilpattu National Park in september|
|October||26°C/33°C||255mm||tolerable weather||Wilpattu National Park in october|
|November||26°C/31°C||284mm||tolerable weather||Wilpattu National Park in november|
|December||25°C/30°C||194mm||tolerable weather||Wilpattu National Park in december|
Weather and climate in Wilpattu National Park
- In january the climate is just OK. It is for example 30°C as maximum temperature in january and it rains in january about 73mm.
- Between february and march the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 35°C°C and you can expect to have 117mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In april the climate is just OK. The record temperature this month is 39°C and it rains about 209mm each month.
- Between may and september the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 27°C and, in september, 10 days of rain are expected.
- Between october and december the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 30°C as maximum temperature in december and, in december, 20 days of rain are expected.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Wilpattu National Park
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Wilpattu National Park: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Sri Lanka
Wilpattu National Park appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Sri Lanka appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.