Best time to go to Puttalam Average weather of Puttalam, Sri Lanka
Find the very best time to go to Puttalam in Sri Lanka from seasonal norms here.
When is the best time to go to Puttalam?
When is the best time to go to Puttalam? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Puttalam are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August and September
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are October and November
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Puttalam
For full information about the climate and weather in Puttalam a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||79°F/86°F||good weather||Puttalam in january|
|February||79°F/88°F||good weather||Puttalam in february|
|March||83°F/90°F||good weather||Puttalam in march|
|April||85°F/90°F||good weather||Puttalam in april|
|May||85°F/90°F||good weather||Puttalam in may|
|June||85°F/88°F||good weather||Puttalam in june|
|July||83°F/86°F||good weather||Puttalam in july|
|August||83°F/86°F||good weather||Puttalam in august|
|September||83°F/88°F||good weather||Puttalam in september|
|October||83°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Puttalam in october|
|November||81°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Puttalam in november|
|December||81°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Puttalam in december|
Weather and climate in Puttalam
- From january to february the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 88°F in average.
- Between the months of march and june the climate is okay. The record temperature this month is 92°F and you can expect to have 6.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of july the climate is good. It is for example 86°F as maximum temperature in july and it rains about 4.7in each month.
- From august to december the climate is correct. the thermometer goes up to 86°F°C.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Puttalam
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Puttalam: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Puttalam
Find out when Puttalam has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Puttalam
- Very low season in Puttalam
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, October and November.
- Low season in Puttalam
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April and September.
- High season in Puttalam
The number of visitors to Puttalam is high in: February and July.
- Peek season in Puttalam
The largest number of tourists visiting Puttalam is during: January, August and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Puttalam month by month
Best time for low prices in Puttalam
Average prices of hotels in Puttalam month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Puttalam. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.