When is the best time to go to Puttalam?
When is the best time to go to Puttalam? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Puttalam are January, February, March and July
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are November and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Puttalam a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||28°C/31°C||77mm||good weather||Puttalam in january|
|February||28°C/32°C||66mm||good weather||Puttalam in february|
|March||30°C/34°C||103mm||good weather||Puttalam in march|
|April||31°C/34°C||135mm||tolerable weather||Puttalam in april|
|May||30°C/33°C||213mm||tolerable weather||Puttalam in may|
|June||30°C/32°C||177mm||tolerable weather||Puttalam in june|
|July||29°C/32°C||157mm||good weather||Puttalam in july|
|August||29°C/32°C||170mm||tolerable weather||Puttalam in august|
|September||29°C/32°C||182mm||tolerable weather||Puttalam in september|
|October||30°C/32°C||262mm||tolerable weather||Puttalam in october|
|November||29°C/32°C||341mm||tolerable weather||Puttalam in november|
|December||28°C/31°C||277mm||tolerable weather||Puttalam in december|
Weather and climate in Puttalam
- From january to february the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 32°C in average.
- Between the months of march and june the climate is okay. The record temperature this month is 34°C and you can expect to have 177mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of july the climate is good. It is for example 32°C as maximum temperature in july and it rains about 157mm each month.
- From august to december the climate is correct. the thermometer goes up to 31°C°C.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Puttalam
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Puttalam: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Sri Lanka
Puttalam appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Sri Lanka appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.