Best time to go to Dambulla Average weather of Dambulla, Sri Lanka
Find the most favorable time to go to Dambulla in Sri Lanka from seasonal norms, right here.
When is the best time to go to Dambulla?
When is the best time to go to Dambulla? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Dambulla are January, February, March, May, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- The rainiest months are October, November and December
Annual weather in Dambulla
For full information about the climate and weather in Dambulla a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||76°F/85°F||good weather||Dambulla in january|
|February||77°F/88°F||good weather||Dambulla in february|
|March||81°F/94°F||good weather||Dambulla in march|
|April||83°F/95°F||tolerable weather||Dambulla in april|
|May||85°F/94°F||good weather||Dambulla in may|
|June||85°F/94°F||good weather||Dambulla in june|
|July||83°F/94°F||good weather||Dambulla in july|
|August||83°F/94°F||good weather||Dambulla in august|
|September||83°F/94°F||good weather||Dambulla in september|
|October||81°F/92°F||tolerable weather||Dambulla in october|
|November||79°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Dambulla in november|
|December||77°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Dambulla in december|
Weather and climate in Dambulla
- Between the months of january and march the climate is good. At lunchtime, it's 94°F in average and it rains in march about 4.1in.
- In the month of april the climate is correct. In average, on the morning it is 83°F and, in april, 13 days of rain are expected.
- Between may and september the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 103°F and, in september, 6 days of rain are expected.
- From october to december the climate is just OK. The record temperature this month is 94°F and, in december, 12 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Dambulla
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Dambulla: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Dambulla
Find out when Dambulla has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Dambulla
- Very low season in Dambulla
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: April, May, June, October and November.
- Low season in Dambulla
The months with low numbers of tourists are: February, March and September.
- High season in Dambulla
The number of visitors to Dambulla is high in: January and July.
- Peek season in Dambulla
The largest number of tourists visiting Dambulla is during: August and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Dambulla month by month
Best time for low prices in Dambulla
Average prices of hotels in Dambulla month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Dambulla. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.