Best time to go to Anuradhapura Average weather of Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka
Discover the best time to go to Anuradhapura in Sri Lanka from seasonal norms, below.
When is the best time to go to Anuradhapura?
When is the best time to go to Anuradhapura? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Anuradhapura are January, February, March, May, June, July, August, September and December
- On average, the warmest months are February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- The rainiest months are October and November
Annual weather in Anuradhapura
For full information about the climate and weather in Anuradhapura a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||77°F/86°F||good weather||Anuradhapura in january|
|February||79°F/90°F||good weather||Anuradhapura in february|
|March||81°F/95°F||good weather||Anuradhapura in march|
|April||85°F/95°F||tolerable weather||Anuradhapura in april|
|May||85°F/94°F||good weather||Anuradhapura in may|
|June||85°F/92°F||good weather||Anuradhapura in june|
|July||85°F/92°F||good weather||Anuradhapura in july|
|August||83°F/92°F||good weather||Anuradhapura in august|
|September||83°F/92°F||good weather||Anuradhapura in september|
|October||83°F/92°F||tolerable weather||Anuradhapura in october|
|November||79°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Anuradhapura in november|
|December||79°F/86°F||good weather||Anuradhapura in december|
Weather and climate in Anuradhapura
- In the month of january the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 94°F and it rains about 20% of the time in january.
- From february to march the climate is beautiful. At lunchtime, it's 94°F in average and, in march, 7 days of rain are expected.
- In april the climate is correct. It is for example 95°F as maximum temperature in april and you can expect to have 8.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of may and september the climate is good. At lunchtime, it's 92°F in average.
- From october to december the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 85°F in average and, in december, 12 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Anuradhapura
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Anuradhapura: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Anuradhapura
Find out when Anuradhapura has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Anuradhapura
- Very low season in Anuradhapura
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: March, April, May, June, October and November.
- Low season in Anuradhapura
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February and September.
- High season in Anuradhapura
The number of visitors to Anuradhapura is high in: July.
- Peek season in Anuradhapura
The largest number of tourists visiting Anuradhapura is during: August and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Anuradhapura month by month
Best time for low prices in Anuradhapura
Average prices of hotels in Anuradhapura month by month
Generally, November is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Anuradhapura. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, December is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.