Best time to go to Haiti for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the very best time to visit Haiti from seasonal averages in many locations like Les Cayes or Les Gonaïves on this page.
When is the best time to go to Haiti?
When is the best time to go to Haiti? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Haiti, the weather is good everywhere in January, February, March and December
- The best months to go to Port Au Prince are January, February, March and December
- On average, the warmest months in Port Au Prince are February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- The rainiest months in this city are May, August, September and October
- Les Cayes is the city with the best climate, with good weather 7 months a year
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round in Port Au Prince
Annual weather in Haiti
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Haiti for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||70°F to 86°F||perfect weather|
|February||72°F to 88°F||perfect weather*|
|March||74°F to 86°F||good weather*|
|April||77°F to 88°F||good weather*|
|May||79°F to 90°F||tolerable weather|
|June||79°F to 92°F||tolerable weather*|
|July||79°F to 94°F||tolerable weather*|
|August||79°F to 94°F||tolerable weather|
|September||79°F to 92°F||tolerable weather|
|October||79°F to 90°F||tolerable weather|
|November||76°F to 88°F||good weather*|
|December||72°F to 86°F||perfect weather|
Best time to travel to Haiti by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Haiti
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Haiti and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Port Au Prince, Cap-Haïtien, Fort Liberté, Gonâve Island and Les Cayes, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Haiti
Find out when Haiti has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Haiti
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, June, September, October and November. The number of visitors to Haiti is high in: July, August and December.
- Very low season in Haiti: March, May, October and November.
- Low season in Haiti: January, February, April, June and September.
- High season in Haiti: July and August.
- Peek season in Haiti: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Haiti month by month
Average price for flights to Haiti
A return flight between New York City and Port Au Prince is generally cheaper if you go in october ($ 437 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 151 more for your airline ticket to Port Au Prince if you go in december.
Where to go in Haiti?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Port Au Prince||86°F||88°F||86°F||88°F||90°F||92°F||94°F||94°F||92°F||90°F||88°F||86°F|
What can I do in Haiti?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping