When is the best time to go to Grindavík?
When is the best time to go to Grindavík? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Grindavík are July and August
- March is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, February, March, September and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Grindavík a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||5°C/6°C||186mm||very bad weather||Grindavík in january|
|February||4°C/6°C||160mm||very bad weather||Grindavík in february|
|March||3°C/6°C||187mm||very bad weather||Grindavík in march|
|April||4°C/7°C||139mm||very bad weather||Grindavík in april|
|May||6°C/9°C||105mm||bad weather||Grindavík in may|
|June||9°C/12°C||76mm||bad weather||Grindavík in june|
|July||11°C/14°C||91mm||tolerable weather||Grindavík in july|
|August||11°C/14°C||131mm||tolerable weather||Grindavík in august|
|September||10°C/12°C||178mm||bad weather||Grindavík in september|
|October||7°C/9°C||143mm||bad weather||Grindavík in october|
|November||6°C/8°C||134mm||very bad weather||Grindavík in november|
|December||4°C/6°C||158mm||very bad weather||Grindavík in december|
Weather and climate in Grindavík
- From january to april the climate is very bad. At lunchtime, it's 6°C in average.
- Between the months of may and june the climate is unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 12°C°C and it rains in june about 76mm.
- From july to august the climate is just OK. It is for example 14°C as maximum temperature in august and it rains in august about 131mm.
- From september to october the climate is not good. It is for example 9°C as maximum temperature in october.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is very unfavorable. The temperature rises to 6°C and it rains about 158mm each month.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Grindavík
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Grindavík: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Iceland
Grindavík appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Iceland appear on the map with a black icon. Hover for information about the climate.