Best time to go to Hanoi Average weather of Hanoi, Vietnam
Discover the most favorable time to visit Hanoi in Vietnam from seasonal averages here.
When is the best time to go to Hanoi?
When is the best time to go to Hanoi? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Hanoi are September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are May, June, July, August and September
- The rainiest months are July and August
Annual weather in Hanoi
Weather details in Hanoi month by month
Weather and climate in Hanoi
- From january to march the climate is not good, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 113°F and it rains in march about 1.7in.
- In the month of april the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 76°F and you can expect to have 3.1in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of may the climate is passable, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 95°F in average and it rains about 36% of the time in may.
- In the month of june the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 110°F.
- In the month of july the climate is the worst possible. It is for example 95°F as maximum temperature in july and it rains about 10.6in each month.
- In august the climate is unfavorable. It is for example 94°F as maximum temperature in august and it rains about 54% of the time in august.
- In the month of september the climate is okay. The record temperature this month is 101°F and it rains about 40% of the time in september.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 74°F°C and, in december, 2 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Hanoi
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Hanoi: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Hanoi
Find out when Hanoi has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Hanoi
- Very low season in Hanoi
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: February, May and June.
- Low season in Hanoi
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, March, April, July, August and September.
- High season in Hanoi
The number of visitors to Hanoi is high in: October and November.
- Peak season in Hanoi
The largest number of tourists visiting Hanoi is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Hanoi month by month
Best time for low prices in Hanoi
Average prices of hotels in Hanoi month by month
Generally, August is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Hanoi. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, April is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Hanoi
A return flight between London and Hanoi is generally cheaper if you go in may ($ 799 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 241 more for your airline ticket to Hanoi if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in Hanoi
On average, it costs $ 19 per day to hire a car in Hanoi. This price varies by $ 4.4 depending on the month. In september, hiring a car costs an average of $ 17 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in february is $ 21.