When is the best time to go to Hanoi?
When is the best time to go to Hanoi? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Hanoi are April, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are May, June, July, August and September
- The rainiest months are July and August
- The best months for swimming are May, June, July, August, September and October
For full information about the climate and weather in Hanoi a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||16°C/22°C||65mm||tolerable weather||Hanoi in january|
|February||18°C/25°C||24mm||tolerable weather||Hanoi in february|
|March||21°C/28°C||55mm||tolerable weather||Hanoi in march|
|April||24°C/33°C||71mm||good weather||Hanoi in april|
|May||28°C/36°C||178mm||tolerable weather||Hanoi in may|
|June||29°C/37°C||267mm||bad weather||Hanoi in june|
|July||29°C/36°C||346mm||bad weather||Hanoi in july|
|August||28°C/35°C||315mm||bad weather||Hanoi in august|
|September||27°C/34°C||234mm||tolerable weather||Hanoi in september|
|October||25°C/31°C||127mm||good weather||Hanoi in october|
|November||22°C/28°C||43mm||good weather||Hanoi in november|
|December||17°C/24°C||41mm||good weather||Hanoi in december|
Weather and climate in Hanoi
- From january to march the climate is not good, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 45°C and it rains in march about 55mm.
- In the month of april the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 24°C and you can expect to have 71mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of may the climate is passable, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 36°C in average and it rains about 58% of the time in may.
- In the month of june the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 44°C.
- In the month of july the climate is the worst possible. It is for example 36°C as maximum temperature in july and it rains about 346mm each month.
- In august the climate is unfavorable. It is for example 35°C as maximum temperature in august and it rains about 75% of the time in august.
- In the month of september the climate is okay. The record temperature this month is 39°C and it rains about 68% of the time in september.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 24°C°C and, in december, 9 days of rain are expected.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Hanoi
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Hanoi: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Vietnam
Hanoi appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Vietnam appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.