When is the best time to go to Nelson?
When is the best time to go to Nelson? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Nelson are January, February, March, April, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- July is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are June and December
- The best months for swimming are January, February and March
For full information about the climate and weather in Nelson a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||15°C/24°C||74mm||good weather||Nelson in january|
|February||15°C/24°C||69mm||perfect weather||Nelson in february|
|March||14°C/22°C||70mm||good weather||Nelson in march|
|April||12°C/19°C||120mm||good weather||Nelson in april|
|May||9°C/16°C||103mm||tolerable weather||Nelson in may|
|June||6°C/14°C||165mm||tolerable weather||Nelson in june|
|July||5°C/13°C||91mm||very bad weather||Nelson in july|
|August||7°C/14°C||126mm||tolerable weather||Nelson in august|
|September||9°C/15°C||116mm||tolerable weather||Nelson in september|
|October||11°C/17°C||99mm||tolerable weather||Nelson in october|
|November||11°C/20°C||55mm||good weather||Nelson in november|
|December||11°C/22°C||147mm||good weather||Nelson in december|
Weather and climate in Nelson
- In the month of january the climate is favorable. It is for example 24°C as maximum temperature in january and, in january, 9 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of february the climate is very good. The record temperature this month is 30°C and it rains about 24% of the time in february.
- Between march and april the climate is good. At lunchtime, it's 19°C in average and it rains about 120mm each month.
- From may to june the climate is okay. By early evening, the temperature averages 9°C and it rains about 37% of the time in june.
- In july the climate is very bad. In average, on the morning it is 3°C and it rains in july about 91mm.
- From august to october the climate is correct. In average, on the morning it is 6°C and it rains in october about 99mm.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 22°C°C and it rains about 147mm each month.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Nelson
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Nelson: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of New Zealand
Nelson appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in New Zealand appear on the map with a black icon. Hover for information about the climate.