Best time to go to Palmerston North Average weather of Palmerston North, New Zealand
Discover the most favorable time to visit Palmerston North in New Zealand from seasonal norms below.
When is the best time to go to Palmerston North?
When is the best time to go to Palmerston North? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Palmerston North are January, February, March, April, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- The coldest months are July and August
For full information about the climate and weather in Palmerston North a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|good weather||Palmerston North in january|
|good weather||Palmerston North in february|
|good weather||Palmerston North in march|
|good weather||Palmerston North in april|
|tolerable weather||Palmerston North in may|
|bad weather||Palmerston North in june|
|very bad weather||Palmerston North in july|
|very bad weather||Palmerston North in august|
|bad weather||Palmerston North in september|
|tolerable weather||Palmerston North in october|
|good weather||Palmerston North in november|
|good weather||Palmerston North in december|
Weather and climate in Palmerston North
- Between the months of january and april the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 63°F°C and, in april, 9 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of may the climate is okay. At lunchtime, it's 58°F in average and it rains about 30% of the time in may.
- Between the months of june and july the climate is bad. The temperature rises to 52°F and it rains in july about 2in.
- From august to october the climate is passable, but still OK. It is for example 61°F as maximum temperature in october and you can expect to have 1.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of november the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 77°F and you can expect to have 2.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of december the climate is okay. It is for example 70°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains about 30% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Palmerston North
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Palmerston North: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of New Zealand
Palmerston North appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in New Zealand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.