Best time to go to Picton Average weather of Picton, New Zealand
Get the very best time to go to Picton in New Zealand from seasonal norms, right here.
When is the best time to go to Picton?
When is the best time to go to Picton? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Picton are January, February, March, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March and December
- The coldest months are July and August
- The rainiest months are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and December
- The best months for swimming are February and March
Annual weather in Picton
For full information about the climate and weather in Picton a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||56°F/72°F||good weather||Picton in january|
|February||52°F/72°F||good weather||Picton in february|
|March||50°F/68°F||good weather||Picton in march|
|April||49°F/63°F||tolerable weather||Picton in april|
|May||45°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Picton in may|
|June||43°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Picton in june|
|July||41°F/54°F||very bad weather||Picton in july|
|August||41°F/56°F||very bad weather||Picton in august|
|September||41°F/58°F||very bad weather||Picton in september|
|October||45°F/61°F||tolerable weather||Picton in october|
|November||50°F/65°F||good weather||Picton in november|
|December||56°F/68°F||good weather||Picton in december|
Weather and climate in Picton
- In the month of january the climate is beautiful. At lunchtime, it's 72°F in average.
- In the month of february the climate is very good. The temperature rises to 72°F and, in february, 3 days of rain are expected.
- From march to april the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 72°F and you can expect to have 5.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between may and june the climate is correct. the thermometer goes up to 56°F°C and, in june, 7 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of july the climate is the worst possible. It is for example 54°F as maximum temperature in july and it rains about 18% of the time in july.
- From august to september the climate is just OK. In average, on the morning it is 41°F and, in september, 7 days of rain are expected.
- Between october and december the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 68°F in average and it rains about 19% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Picton
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Picton: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Picton
Find out when Picton has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Picton
- Very low season in Picton
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, July, August and September.
- Low season in Picton
The months with low numbers of tourists are: October.
- High season in Picton
The number of visitors to Picton is high in: March, April and November.
- Peak season in Picton
The largest number of tourists visiting Picton is during: January, February and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Picton month by month
Best time for low prices in Picton
Average prices of hotels in Picton month by month
Generally, August is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Picton. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Find the best price for your hotel room
Average price of hiring a car in Picton
On average, it costs $ 36 per day to hire a car in Picton. This price varies by $ 11 depending on the month. In august, hiring a car costs an average of $ 29 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in march is $ 40.