Best time to go to San Diego Average weather of San Diego, California
Find the perfect time to go to San Diego in United States from average climate conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to San Diego?
When is the best time to go to San Diego? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in San Diego
- On average, the warmest months are July, August, September and October
- June is the driest month
- The coldest months are January, February and December
- The rainiest months are January, February and December
- The best months for swimming are June, July, August, September, October and November
Annual weather in San Diego
For full information about the climate and weather in San Diego a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||56°F/68°F||good weather||San Diego in january|
|February||56°F/67°F||good weather||San Diego in february|
|March||58°F/67°F||good weather||San Diego in march|
|April||61°F/68°F||good weather||San Diego in april|
|May||65°F/70°F||perfect weather||San Diego in may|
|June||68°F/74°F||perfect weather||San Diego in june|
|July||72°F/77°F||perfect weather||San Diego in july|
|August||74°F/79°F||perfect weather||San Diego in august|
|September||74°F/81°F||perfect weather||San Diego in september|
|October||68°F/77°F||perfect weather||San Diego in october|
|November||63°F/72°F||perfect weather||San Diego in november|
|December||56°F/67°F||good weather||San Diego in december|
Weather and climate in San Diego
- Between the months of january and may the climate is beautiful. It is for example 70°F as maximum temperature in may and, in may, 1 days of rain are expected.
- Between june and october the climate is very good. the thermometer goes up to 77°F°C and, in october, 1 days of rain are expected.
- From november to december the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 67°F°C and you can expect to have 2.6in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in San Diego
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of San Diego: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in San Diego
Find out when San Diego has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in San Diego
- Very low season in San Diego
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March and November.
- Low season in San Diego
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, May, September and December.
- High season in San Diego
The number of visitors to San Diego is high in: June and October.
- Peak season in San Diego
The largest number of tourists visiting San Diego is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for San Diego month by month
Best time for low prices in San Diego
Average prices of hotels in San Diego month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in San Diego. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in San Diego
On average, it costs $ 23 per day to hire a car in San Diego. This price varies by $ 5.5 depending on the month. In november, hiring a car costs an average of $ 21 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in december is $ 27.