Best time to go to the United States (USA) for a perfect weather and where to go?
Get the perfect time to go to United States from seasonal norms in many locations like Alaska or Vermont right here.
When is the best time to go to the United States (USA)?
When is the best time to go to the United States (USA)? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In the United States (USA), the weather is good across more than 67% of the territory for: May, June, July, August, September and October
- The best months to go to Washington D. C. are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months in Washington D. C. are June, July and August, and the coldest month of the year is January
- The rainiest months in this city are May, June, July, August, September and October
- The cities with the best climate are Hawaii (Honolulu), Houston, Edisto Beach, McAllen and Port Aransas, with good weather at least 11 months a year
- The best months for swimming in California are June, July, August, September and October
Annual weather in the United States (USA)
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in the United States (USA) for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-0°F to 77°F||very bad weather*|
|February||5°F to 77°F||very bad weather*|
|March||5°F to 83°F||very bad weather*|
|April||22°F to 90°F||good weather*|
|May||31°F to 95°F||good weather*|
|June||38°F to 106°F||good weather*|
|July||43°F to 106°F||good weather*|
|August||43°F to 106°F||good weather*|
|September||38°F to 103°F||good weather*|
|October||25°F to 92°F||good weather*|
|November||7°F to 81°F||very bad weather*|
|December||4°F to 79°F||very bad weather*|
Best time to travel to United States by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in the United States (USA)
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of United States and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of California, Louisiana, Alaska, Austin and Hawaii (Honolulu), as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in the United States (USA)
Find out when United States has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in the United States (USA)
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, November and December. The number of visitors to United States is high in: March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October.
- Very low season in the United States (USA): January and February.
- Low season in the United States (USA): November and December.
- High season in the United States (USA): March, April, May, June, September and October.
- Peek season in the United States (USA): July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for United States month by month
Average price for flights to the United States (USA)
A return flight between London and New York City is generally cheaper if you go in november ($ 388 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 202 more for your airline ticket to New York City if you go in august.
Where to go in the United States (USA)?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|New York City||38°F||41°F||49°F||59°F||70°F||79°F||86°F||85°F||77°F||67°F||54°F||45°F|
|Santa Fe (New Mexico)||40°F||45°F||54°F||61°F||70°F||83°F||83°F||81°F||76°F||65°F||52°F||41°F|
very bad weather
About United States
What can I do in the United States (USA)?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping