Best time to go to Los Angeles Average weather of Los Angeles, California
Discover the perfect time to go to Los Angeles (California) in United States from average weather conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Los Angeles?
When is the best time to go to Los Angeles? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Los Angeles
- On average, the warmest months are July, August, September and October
- Los Angeles has dry periods in May, June, July, August and September
- The coldest months are January, February and December
- The rainiest months are January, February and December
- The best months for swimming are June, July, August, September, October and November
Annual weather in Los Angeles
Weather details in Los Angeles month by month
Weather and climate in Los Angeles
- Between january and april the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 63°F and it rains about 0.8in each month.
- Between may and october the climate is perfect. The record temperature this month is 104°F and it rains in october about 0.5in.
- From november to december the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 54°F and it rains about 2.9in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Los Angeles
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Los Angeles: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Los Angeles
Find out when Los Angeles has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Los Angeles
- Very low season in Los Angeles
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March and November.
- Low season in Los Angeles
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, May, June, October and December.
- High season in Los Angeles
The number of visitors to Los Angeles is high in: September.
- Peak season in Los Angeles
The largest number of tourists visiting Los Angeles is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Los Angeles month by month
Best time for low prices in Los Angeles
Average prices of hotels in Los Angeles month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Los Angeles. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, June is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Los Angeles
A return flight between London and Los Angeles is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 502 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 312 more for your airline ticket to Los Angeles if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in Los Angeles
On average, it costs $ 132 per day to hire a car in Los Angeles. This price varies by $ 41 depending on the month. In february, hiring a car costs an average of $ 113 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in august is $ 153.