Best time to go to Antalya Average weather of Antalya, Turkey
Get the perfect time to go to Antalya in Turkey from seasonal norms here.
When is the best time to go to Antalya?
When is the best time to go to Antalya? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Antalya are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- Antalya has dry periods in July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January and December
- The best months for swimming are July, August and September
For full information about the climate and weather in Antalya a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|tolerable weather||Antalya in january|
|tolerable weather||Antalya in february|
|good weather||Antalya in march|
|good weather||Antalya in april|
|perfect weather||Antalya in may|
|perfect weather||Antalya in june|
|good weather||Antalya in july|
|good weather||Antalya in august|
|perfect weather||Antalya in september|
|perfect weather||Antalya in october|
|good weather||Antalya in november|
|tolerable weather||Antalya in december|
Weather and climate in Antalya
About the climate
Situated near the Turkish Riviera, Antalya enjoys a temperate Mediterranean climate. The city is pleasant throughout the entire year and the rate of sunshine is very important, with four well-marked seasons. The weather is generally milder than in the capital, Ankara, where winters are colder.
Winter Climate in Antalya
Traditionally, the winter in Antalya is mild - even a little cold depending on the year. It is very dry however, and the sky is generally very sunny. If snowfall is rare throughout this season, it is not uncommon to see a few showers during the winter - unlike other Turkish cities like Cappadocia,
Warm Summer's in Antalya
In Antalya, the summers are very hot and the season is rather dry. At the beginning of the season, in June, the city undergoes a few light showers. The climate in Antalya throughout the summer is very pleasant and the Mediterranean Sea enjoys ideal temperatures for swimming - similar to their neighbor, Cyprus, within the same season.
Climate throughout the Spring in Antalya
Spring in Antalya is a very pleasant season. During the day, temperatures start to be hot, even if the nights are still quite cool. Rains are rare at this time of year.
Autumn in Antalya
As in spring, the days are sunny and warm when autumn arrives. However, there are more rainy events than in the spring.
The month-by-month climate
- Between the months of january and march the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 63°F in average.
- In the month of april the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 59°F and it rains in april about 1.9in.
- From may to june the climate is very good. the thermometer goes up to 88°F°C and it rains about 0.5in each month.
- Between the months of july and august the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 97°F°C and, in august, 0 days of rain are expected.
- Between september and october the climate is very good. At lunchtime, it's 79°F in average and you can expect to have 3.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In november the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 81°F and, in november, 6 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of december the climate is just OK. The temperature rises to 63°F and, in december, 12 days of rain are expected.
Tours and organised trips in Turkey
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Antalya
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Antalya: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Turkey: get the best price!
Map of Turkey
Antalya appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Turkey appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.
Recommended for you:
Key cities in Turkey
© 2014-2019 Des Clics Nomades SAS - All right reserved