Best time to go to Izmir Average weather of Izmir, Turkey
Discover the perfect time to go to Izmir in Turkey from seasonal norms here.
When is the best time to go to Izmir?
When is the best time to go to Izmir? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Izmir are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- Izmir has dry periods in July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- January is the rainiest month
- The best months for swimming are June, July, August and September
For full information about the climate and weather in Izmir a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|bad weather||Izmir in january|
|tolerable weather||Izmir in february|
|good weather||Izmir in march|
|good weather||Izmir in april|
|perfect weather||Izmir in may|
|perfect weather||Izmir in june|
|perfect weather||Izmir in july|
|perfect weather||Izmir in august|
|perfect weather||Izmir in september|
|perfect weather||Izmir in october|
|good weather||Izmir in november|
|tolerable weather||Izmir in december|
Weather and climate in Izmir
- In the month of january the climate is unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 52°F°C and it rains in january about 2.7in.
- Between february and march the climate is passable, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 52°F and it rains in march about 1.5in.
- Between the months of april and may the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 99°F and it rains about 17% of the time in may.
- From june to september the climate is perfect. By early evening, the temperature averages 76°F and it rains in september about 0.5in.
- From october to november the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 81°F and you can expect to have 1.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In december the climate is passable, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 50°F and, in december, 9 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Izmir
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Izmir: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Turkey
Izmir appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Turkey appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.